Peaches and Cream Dessert Taco Boats recipe – crispy tortilla taco boats filled with sweet and creamy cheesecake filling and topped with fresh, chopped juicy peaches. This quick and easy dessert disappeared quickly in our house!
If you read my Monthly Favorites from June, you may remember I mentioned being obsessed with the Old El Paso taco boats. I love them! I made them with our typical taco filling, loaded with our favorite toppings – my taco shells are jealous! 😀 I even made the boats with masts out of lettuce!! My little boy thought it was super cool so I definitely scored some points for that. 😀
When I saw their mini version, I knew I wanted to use them in a fun summer dessert! Mini food is so fun to make and eat – great for parties or family movie nights. Besides there is a cheesecake filling involved and when you say cheesecake – I am there! This one has only four ingredients which means they are super easy to make! Perfect for unexpected guests or for that sweet tooth cravings for a movie night. 🙂
To cut down of the prep, do few steps a day before. I fried the taco boats the day before and they were still nice and crispy the next day. The filling can be made ahead of time as well. Chop the peaches and assemble the boats right before serving. You can use berries to make them even prettier or stir in lemon zest into the filling for a little zing. Don’t have a fresh fruit on hand – use fruit preserves. Be creative and make it fun!
Summer desserts are supposed to be fun and easy and this one is just that!
- 1.5 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 6 mini tortilla Old El Paso taco boats
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1.5 Tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 2 peaches ripe, chopped
- Heat up oil in a medium pot to 350 degrees F.
- Fry two to three taco boats at a time. Flip as needed with a help of a fork. Fry until golden brown. Remove boats onto paper towel lined plate. Repeat with remaining boats.
- Cool taco boats completely before filling.
- To make filling:
- Place cream cheese in medium mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add vanilla and mix in well.
- Sift powdered sugar directly over cream cheese mixture. With mixer on low speed, mix in sugar until the mixture is smooth. Add cream and mix in well.
- If making this dessert ahead of time, cover the bowl with cheesecake filling with saran wrap and chill in fridge.
- Before serving, fill tortilla boats with cheesecake filling. Top with chopped peaches.
- Serve immediately.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out! 😀