Mango Peach Quinoa Salad - healthy fruit salad with quinoa and my favorite honey lime dressing! It's full of fresh flavors and absolutely delicious!
I often share here on the blog how much my kids love to help in the kitchen. They gather ingredients, mix things in a bowl and set the table. They WANT to do it and I couldn't be happier. My oldest (she is almost 9!!) has quite the knowledge about healthy food and always grabs a bag of baby carrots in the store, because it's her favorite snack.
She also loves to make a fruit salad. It's her favorite dish to make for parties, picnics or simply because we have a ton of fresh fruit on the counter. That's my favorite perk of summer time! All you have to do is chop up the fruit and you have a fantastic side dish ready in minutes.
Recently, I was able to score a ton of mangoes for 0.29/each at Aldi's. I love those deals! I chopped a few and placed them in a ziploc bag and froze them for my daily smoothies. The other ones I wanted to enjoy fresh. Fruit salad was my daughters idea and we had this fantastic Mango Peach Quinoa Salad ready in no time! The peaches were a given since I am obsessed with them and have a ton! My favorite honey lime dressing was the perfect addition and helped to bring all of the flavors together. We ended up having this salad with grilled chicken for dinner that day and the next day for lunch.
Mango Peach Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 2 mangoes chopped
- 4 peaches or nectarines chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Cook quinoa in water, following the manufacturers instructions on the package. When done, fluff with a fork and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together mangoes and peaches. Add quinoa and stir together.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together lime juice, honey and olive oil. (I used a mini food processor.) Pour over the salad and toss everything together. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on Instagram! Tag me #crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!