Lemon Raspberry Sweet Quick Bread – quick and easy sweet bread with fresh raspberries and a hint of lemon.
I blame this bread on a recent sale in our grocery store. A container of gorgeous raspberries was just a dollar and a foodie that I am – I grabbed five of them.
This sweet quick bread happened the same day as I was so anxious to bake with the berries. Because quick breads are the easiest and you can make them with pretty much any fruit.
The Spring is almost here! The time change is this weekend and our forecast shows 70s next week! All this excitement makes make want to bake and cook with fresh ingredients. Berries and citrus are just that! My favorite flavors that always bring a little bit of Spring to my baked goods.
Assuming that you may be doing some grocery shopping this weekend, I hope that you will consider making this bread so add raspberries to your list. It’s worth it – I promise!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon and 1/2 baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour (or line with parchment paper) a 9" by 5" loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- Add raspberries and toss to coat all berries in the flour mixture. This will prevent them from sinking to the bottom.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together buttermilk, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, oil and egg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until all of the flour mixture is incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the bread for 40 to 45 minutes, OR until the top is golden brown and the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Invert onto a cooling rack and cool completely.