Blueberry Quick Bread - fluffy on the inside, packed with blueberries and crispy on the outside. One delicious quick bread!
As you can see, we are not done with blueberries. I had another container of these powerful berries and a quick bread came to mind.
We loved this Cranberry Bread and I just had to make a blueberry version. And it was just as delicious!!
This bread is fluffy on the inside, packed with blueberries and has a slightly crunchy top. Cut it into thick slices and enjoy blueberries in every bite!
My kids loved this bread! No wonder. Who wouldn't love a delicious bread you can feel good about eating and enjoy it too!
Blueberry Quick Bread Recipe
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 and ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 oz fresh or frozen blueberries
- ¾ c buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ c vegetable or canola oil
- 1 large egg slightly beaten
- 1 c granulated sugar
- Line a 9" x 5" loaf pan with aluminum foil. Butter the bottom and sides of the foil. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add blueberries and stir to distribute.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together egg, buttermilk, vanilla, oil and sugar.
- With a rubber spatula, fold in wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Do not overmix. Few flour lumps are okay.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake bread for 33 to 38 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the toothpick inserted in few places in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the pan.
- Slice and serve.
Check out these recipes:
Blueberry recipes from other food blogs:
Blueberry Breakfast Quinoa from Damn Delicious
Whole Wheat Blueberry Granola Pancakes from Two Peas and Their Pod
Blueberry Refrigerator Jam from RecipeGirl
Blueberry Avocado Muffins from Gimme Some Oven
Blueberry Watermelon Smoothie from Add a Pinch