Chocolate M&M Cookie Bars – quick and easy treat packed with chocolate and bright M&M’s! Fun and delicious bars that need to happen in your kitchen!
CHOCOLATE M&M COOKIE BARS
Apparently, I don’t have enough chocolate recipes on the blog, or so I have been told. Especially in the bars section. I do have a progressing obsession with bright and colorful M&M’s in my sweet treat recipes. I simply adore them! A mix-all-in-one-bowl kind of chocolate dessert always does the trick because there is a minimal waiting time to sink your teeth into this sweet, buttery and chocolatey goodness. The dough itself tastes absolutely sinful!
- all-purpose flour
- cocoa powder
- baking soda
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- M&M candy
How to make Chocolate M&M Cookie Bars?
- Start by whisking dry ingredients.
- Mix melted butter with both sugars for 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix in well.
- Combine everything together to form a dough.
- Stir in chocolate chips and M&M candy, reserving some for the top.
- Spread the dough in a pan. Press the remaining chocolate chips and candy onto the dough.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- Cool before cutting.
How to store these cookie bars?
I recommend storing them in a container with lid, to prevent drying.
Tips for the best Chocolate M&M Cookie Bars:
- bake these bars in 8″ square pan for thick bars
- use milk or white chocolate or a combination for even more pizzazz
- scoop and roll the dough into balls and bake it into cookies (press additional chocolate chips into dough balls for a pretty look)
- M&M’s are of course optional but highly recommended.
- Soft and Chewy M&M Cookies
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Perfect Sugar Cookies
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!
These Chocolate M&M Cookie Bars are a quick and easy treat packed with chocolate and bright M&M's! Fun and delicious bars that need to happen in your kitchen!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted, 1 stick
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1.75 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 13" x 9" baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and cornstarch).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine melted butter and both sugars and whisk well. Whisk for about 2 minutes to give the sugar a chance to start dissolving.
- Add vanilla and egg and whisk until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and chocolate chips to butter mixture and stir with a spatula until a uniform dough forms.
- Press dough into prepared pan. Sprinkle M&M's over dough and press gently.
- Bake bars for 18 to 20 minutes or until the dough appears dry on top.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, transfer onto cutting board. Cool completely, cut and serve.
- Store in air tight container for up to 5 days.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
- Bake the bars ina 8" square pan for thicker squares.