Chocolate M&M Cookie Bars - quick and easy treat packed with chocolate and bright M&M's! Fun and delicious bars that need to happen in your kitchen!
If you like colorful sweet treats like these bars, you will love my Christmas M&M Cookies and the Perfect Sugar Cookies.
CHOCOLATE M&M COOKIE BARS
Apparently, I don't have enough chocolate recipes on the blog, or so I have been told. Especially in the bars section. I do have a progressing obsession with bright and colorful M&M's in my sweet treat recipes. I simply adore them! A mix-all-in-one-bowl kind of chocolate dessert always does the trick because there is a minimal waiting time to sink your teeth into this sweet, buttery and chocolatey goodness. The dough itself tastes absolutely sinful!
- all-purpose flour
- cocoa powder
- baking soda
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- M&M candy
How to make Chocolate M&M Cookie Bars?
- Start by whisking dry ingredients.
- Mix melted butter with both sugars for 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix in well.
- Combine everything together to form a dough.
- Stir in chocolate chips and M&M candy, reserving some for the top.
- Spread the dough in a pan. Press the remaining chocolate chips and candy onto the dough.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- Cool before cutting.
How to store these cookie bars?
I recommend storing them in a container with lid, to prevent drying.
Tips for the best Chocolate M&M Cookie Bars:
- bake these bars in 8" square pan for thick bars
- use milk or white chocolate or a combination for even more pizzazz
- scoop and roll the dough into balls and bake it into cookies (press additional chocolate chips into dough balls for a pretty look)
- M&M's are of course optional but highly recommended.
- Soft and Chewy M&M Cookies
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Perfect Sugar Cookies
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!
Chocolate M&M Cookie Bars
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted, 1 stick
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1.75 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chocolate M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 13" x 9" baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and cornstarch).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine melted butter and both sugars and whisk well. Whisk for about 2 minutes to give the sugar a chance to start dissolving.
- Add vanilla and egg and whisk until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and chocolate chips to butter mixture and stir with a spatula until a uniform dough forms.
- Press dough into prepared pan. Sprinkle M&M's over dough and press gently.
- Bake bars for 18 to 20 minutes or until the dough appears dry on top.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, transfer onto cutting board. Cool completely, cut and serve.
- Store in air tight container for up to 5 days.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
- Bake the bars ina 8" square pan for thicker squares.
Can these be frozen?
Hi April! Yep, you can freeze these cookie bars just fine. Make sure to wrap them tightly so they won't get the freezer taste.
Well, yes, I think these are exactly what my Monday was missing!
Fantastic treat that I would love to grub on right now with a glass of milk on the side! 😀
M&M's are never optional in my world, and you can never have too many chocolate recipes! These bars look amazing!
Oh my goodness. These look SO good. Pass the pan and a glass of milk, please!
Haha! Thank you, Sara!
Cookin Canuck says
You can never have enough chocolate bar recipes! I can guarantee that my whole family would adore these.
I agree! Thanks, Dara!
My family would go wild for these !
Yes! Thanks, Dorothy!
Double the chocolate is always doubly delicious- plus m&ms? So yummy!
These are calling my name!! This is my favorite kind of recipe 🙂
I know, right? 🙂 Thanks, Stephanie!!