Cinnamon Sugar Donuts – fluffy baked donuts coated with cinnamon sugar. You need to try these!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray donut pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together buttermilk, egg and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until combined. Do not overmix.
- Place the batter in a ziploc bag and close. Snip one corner of the bag.
- Pipe the batter out into the prepared pan, filling the donut cavities 2/3 full.
- Bake the donuts for 8 to 9 minutes (for me the magic number was 9). The bottom of the donuts should be golden brown and the tops should be light.
- Cool the donuts in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer onto a cooling rack.
- Cool completely before coating.
- In a shallow dish, mix together sugar and cinnamon.
- Place the melted butter in another shallow dish.
- Dip each donut (the lighter side) in butter, then in cinnamon sugar. Place back on the rack to cool.
You can easily double the recipe. You will need 3/4 cup of granulated sugar and 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
For the original post, click HERE.