Mini Powdered Sugar Pumpkin Donuts - these pumpkin donuts in a mini form are coated in powdered sugar and make for one adorable treat!
As you may know, my girls are taking ballet classes. This year our youngest started on an elementary level and she loves it. Usually, I sit in a waiting room and wait for her and then her sister that has longer classes. I noticed something funny this week. Usually I see moms coming to the school to drop the kids off for their classes or like me, wait for them. Us moms love the idea of our kids taking ballet classes, from dressing them up in their leotards and helping them tie their ballet shoes to carrying their duffle bags with them, probably secretly wishing we were doing it too! This week I noticed a lot of dads, awkwardly carrying the pink bags and walking behind their daughters! It was a cute and funny view! They were looking around hoping no one is noticing them and their daughters were walking proudly having their dads carrying the pink bags. Us moms were just smiling at them and giggling quietly. 🙂
But let's talk about these mini donuts!
How cute and adorable are they? I was in love with the regular size donuts I shared recently, but these mini ones are just too cute! Since it's fall and hello, first day of October (!!!), I am allowed to make treats like these. I love fall and fall baking and it gets my creative juices flowing like crazy. I want to make so many recipes, I probably won't have time to share them all!
But these had to be shared. These mini donuts are so easy to make and make for one cute treat. I have been obsessed with baking donuts since I got the donut pans. By the way, these are the ones I use: regular size and mini size.
I skipped the egg from the regular recipe and replaced it with the pumpkin puree. It worked perfectly! The donuts baked in into moist and fluffy little rounds. I love the color and the spice flavors so I went with powdered sugar for a coating. Simply toss them into a ziploc bag with powdered sugar and shake till they are nicely coated! Easy peasy!
Don't you just want to pop a dozen of these right into your mouth? 🙂
Mini Powdered Sugar Pumpkin Donuts
- 1.25 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1.25 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ¼ teapoon salt
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree not pie filling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 Tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- ¼ cup powdered sugar for coating
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray mini donut pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together buttermilk, pumpkin, vanilla and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until combined. Do not overmix.
- Place the batter in a ziploc bag and close. Snip one corner of the bag.
- Pipe the batter out into the prepared pan, filling the donut cavities ⅔ full.
- Bake the donuts for 8 to 9 minutes (for me the magic number was 9). The bottom of the donuts should be golden brown and the tops should be light.
- Cool the donuts in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer onto a cooling rack.
- Cool completely before coating.
- Place the powdered sugar in a ziploc bag. Place donuts inside the bag and shake until coated.
- Store in an air tight container in a room temperature for up to 2 days.
I have been craving pumpkin donuts lately. These totally fit the bill! WANT!
I love watching my daughter dance, but I cannot stand the dance studio owners so I can't stay. It's annoying, ha!! Love these, I can eat 10!
Too cute, love the mini size!
How did you know I wanted to pop like 10 in my mouth? These are so cute and fun!!!!
Curry and Comfort says
I could eat a dozen of these... they are so tempting. 🙂 My daughter did ballet a while back... now she wants to do hip-hop. I don't know if I'm ready for that yet.... I like the pink tu-tus better. 😉
Danae @ Recipe Runner says
I can still remember my days of taking ballet lessons as a kid, so much fun, especially the dressing up part! These mini pumpkin donuts are so cute and such a great treat for fall!
These mini donuts are ADORABLE. They make me want to throw a mini tea party with my cats!
Are you kidding me?! This looks incredible!!! Well played, Anna. This is now at the top of my cravings list.
Oh my goodness- I love these! I've never seen a mini donut pan- now I want one 🙂
Jenn Kurkiewicz says
I would love a dozen of these pumpkin donuts this morning! YUM! 🙂
I am always looking for baked donut recipes--gotta put my donut pan to good use!--and this one sounds really yummy!
Your doughnuts are making me swoon, Anna! I am ALL about the pumpkin lately!
The thought of my husband carrying a pink ballerina bag makes me giggle 🙂 Oh and these mini donuts? I'll take 100. Kthanks!