Chicken Fried Rice recipe – quick and easy veggie and chicken packed meal for the busy weeknights! Plus my favorite tip on saving time with easy rice prep!
CHICKEN FRIED RICE
This is one of our favorite quick and easy meals for busy weeknights. Right next to my Quick and Easy Teriyaki Chicken, which so many of you love too! I hope you will also love this Fried Rice packed with veggies and chicken. Absolutely delicious and satisfying. My addition of sweet corn and celery adds a pop of color and bright flavors.
This dinner idea is perfect for those days when you forget to set a slow cooker and need something delicious and fast. Don’t we all have those days? Like at least twice a week? 😀
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST FRIED RICE:
- If you make meal plans, this recipe is for you because you will need some prep ahead of time. But it’s super easy and you will love it. If you are craving fried rice now but have no cooked chilled rice on hand, you will need to change your plans. Fried rice should be made with at least a day old rice. Freshly cooked rice will turn into a gloppy mess. To learn how to cook the best and perfectly fluffy rice (without a rice cooker!!), check out my post –>> Perfect Fluffy Rice or if you have the Instant Pot, my Instant Pot Fluffy Rice is fail-proof.
- Every time I make a dish that requires freshly cooked rice, I make a double batch and save half of it for another meal. I simply let it cool completely, then place into a ziploc bag and freeze until I need it. It’s my favorite time-saving tip and you will always find a bag of cooked rice in my freezer. I use it for our taco rice skillet or this The Best in my opinion – Chicken Fried Rice. It is absolutely delicious and my whole family loves it!
- cook the chicken ahead of time! It saves even more time and pretty much turns this meal into 15-minute dinner. Score! If you don’t have it already cooked, heat up oil and butter in a pan and cook the chicken on all sides. Remove from pan and follow the instructions in the recipe.
MORE RICE RECIPES:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
CHICKEN FRIED RICE RECIPE:
- 3 cups cooked rice chilled, see notes
- 3 medium carrots diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 cup sweet peas
- 1/2 medium red onion chopped
- 3 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces, cooked (see notes)
- See notes for cooking chicken first.
- In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 tablespoon butter. Add eggs and cook scrambled style until done. Remove onto a plate.
Add remaining butter and oil to the pan. Add garlic and onion and cook, stirring often, for 4 minutes. Add carrots and celery and cook, stirring often, for 5 to 6 minutes. They shouldn't be completely soft.
Add rice , corn, sweet peas and chicken. Add soy sauce, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until heated through. Add eggs, stir in. Garnish with chopped green onions or parsley.
If you do not have cooked chicken on hand, heat up the oil and butter in saucepan. Add chicken pieces and cook until done. Remove from pan, add more oil and butter and follow recipe above.
To learn how to cook rice perfectly, check out my post: Perfect Fluffy Rice https://www.crunchycreamysweet.com/2012/04/30/kitchen-know-how-the-fluffiest-rice-ever/