This Cherry Tomato Pasta is made with sweet cherry tomatoes that cook into a delicious sauce in just minutes. It is a great option for meatless Mondays or vegetarian meals, especially when you need something quick!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Whether you have an excessive amount of cherry tomatoes or you have a bunch that needs to be used up, this quick and easy pasta dish helps turn them into a delicious dinner in minutes!
If you have more time, roast the tomatoes with garlic and onion, then blend them in a blender to make the sauce. Add heavy cream to make a creamy version. This recipe can be a base and adjusted to preferences as needed.
- pasta: I used Gemelli but any pasta works, bite-size, fettuccine, or spaghetti;
- cherry tomatoes: they are sweet and flavorful but garden tomatoes chopped into chunks work too;
- garlic and onion: to build the flavor of the dish;
- Italian seasoning: dried herbs mix or fresh herbs;
- Parmesan cheese: helps make the sauce and adds flavor.
How to make quick cherry tomato pasta?
- Start by sauteing the onion in a pan. Add garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook covered until they soften and burst.
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling water. Drain.
- Smash tomatoes in the pan to make the sauce. Add Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked pasta and shredded Parmesan cheese to the pan. Stir everything together.
- Serve garnished with more cheese and chopped parsley.
What else can I add to this dish?
Use the recipe as a base and have fun adding more ingredients, like:
- ricotta cheese,
- chicken or shrimp.
Any leftovers should be stored in a container with a lid, in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat pasta in a microwave or a pan with a splash of water.
Absolutely! Add heavy cream or mix whole milk with cornstarch and add to the sauce before adding pasta.
More pasta dinner recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, let me know in the comments below! Don't forget to rate it if you enjoyed it!
Quick Cherry Tomato Pasta
- 8 oz pasta
- 9 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ medium yellow onion
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add ½ teaspoon of salt and add pasta. Cook until al dente, drain (but reserve ½ cup of pasta water) and set aside.8 oz pasta
- In a skillet, heat up oil over medium heat.1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add onion and saute until almost translucent. Add garlic and stir in. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and fragrant.½ medium yellow onion, 3 garlic cloves
- Add cherry tomatoes. Cover the pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Check if the tomatoes are soft and bursting. You many need to gently press on them to release the juice.9 oz cherry tomatoes
- Once all tomatoes burst, stir everything together.
- Add seasoning and stir in.¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning, salt and pepper
- Add cooked pasta and toss everything together.
- Add Parmesan to pasta and stir in. Add ¼ cup of pasta water and stir in. Add more water if needed.1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Serve with more cheese and a garnish of chopped parsley.
- I used Gemelli but any pasta works, bite-size, fettuccine or spaghetti.
- Cherry tomatoes are sweet and flavorful but garden tomatoes chopped into chunks work too.
- Any leftovers should be stored in a container with a lid, in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat pasta in a microwave or a pan with a splash of water.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use a calorie counter you are familiar with.