These Oatmeal Carrot Cookies are soft, delicious and taste like carrot cake! Serve plain or with cream cheese frosting!
OATMEAL CARROT COOKIES
Oatmeal cookies are my favorite to make. They are so versatile, you can have a different one every day. This new version with shredded carrots is joining the ranks. These Oatmeal Carrot Cookies are soft, moist and taste like carrot cake! You can make these cookies with zucchini or apples as well.
HOW TO MAKE OATMEAL COOKIES WITH CARROTS?
- Start by peeling carrots. Shreed on the small hole side of your grater. You don't want long strings of carrots in your cookies. I do that in my The Best Moist Carrot Cake recipe too.
- Whisk dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Whisk cooled butter with both sugars, egg and vanilla. Stir in carrots.
- Combine both mixtures, cover bowl and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Bake cookies for 9 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE OATMEAL CARROT COOKIES?
- old-fashioned oats (not quick-cook!)
- nuts, if desired
- spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger
- baking powder and baking soda
- butter and egg
- brown sugar and granulated white sugar
- salt and vanilla
OATMEAL CARROT COOKIES VARIATIONS:
- add raisins and shredded coconut
- drizzle or spread cream cheese frosting on each cookie
- bake in an 8" pan and cut into cookie bars
More Oatmeal Cookies recipes:
- Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Cranberry White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Old-Fashioned Iced Oatmeal Cookies
- Apple Oatmeal Cookies
If you like this recipe and make it, let me know in the comments below! Don't forget to rate it if you enjoyed it!
Oatmeal Carrot Cookies
- 1 ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup shredded carrots See note
- ½ cup chopped nuts if desired
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together oats, flour, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk cooled butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla and whisk well. Add carrots and nuts and stir in.
- Combine wet ingredients with ddry ingredients and stir until well incorporated.
- Cover bowl with cookie dough and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop cookie dough with 1 ½ tablespoon size cookie scoop. Place 2" apart on sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Nine minutes was my magic number.
- Shreed on the small hole side of your grater. You don't want long strings of carrots in your cookies. I do that in my The Best Moist Carrot Cake recipe too.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.