Oatmeal M&M Cookies - soft and chewy oatmeal cookies packed with gooey chocolate chips and colorful M&M's!
OATMEAL M&M COOKIES
If you browse Pinterest for just a few minutes, you start to see a pattern. There are holiday dinner recipe ideas all over it. And all I want is a plate full of cookies. Like these Oatmeal M&M Cookies. So while I dunk them in milk and enjoy every chocolate and candy-filled bite of them, I'll still be sitting here planning our festive holiday dinner and writing the never-ending shopping list.
These cookies are so easy to make because we are using melted butter for the dough so no mixer needed as we are not creaming or whipping the ingredients. Just mix it all together, chill for a couple of hours, scoop and bake.
- old-fashioned oats
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- unsalted butter
- vanilla extract
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- chocolate chips
- M&M candy
How to make Oatmeal M&M Cookies?
- Whisk dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Melt butter and cool completely (but not until set). Mi it with both sugars and vanilla. Stir in egg.
- Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir in. The dough should be sticky.
- Stir in chocolate chips and M&M candy.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Scoop the dough onto the baking sheet and bake cookies for 13 to 15 minutes.
- Cool for 2 minutes on pan and transfer onto a cooling rack.
How to store these cookies?
I always recommend storing cookies in an air-tight container or a cookie jar with a rubber seal in the lid. They will stay soft and chewy longer.
Can I make this recipe into cookie bars?
Absolutely! Simple press the dough into an 8" square baking pan and bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Let them cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting.
Can I make this recipe into cookies in a jar?
Great idea! Simply layer the dry ingredients in a jar. Write down the wet ingredients on a note along with baking instructions.
More Oatmeal Cookies recipes:
- Oatmeal Carrot Cookies
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Perfect Sugar Cookies
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Cookies Category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Oatmeal M&M Cookies
- 1.5 cup old-fashioned oats not quick cooking
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted, cooled, 1 stick
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips (any kind will work: milk semi-sweet or white)
- 1 cup M&M's candy
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves (if using), salt.
- In another mixing bowl, stir together butter vanilla, both sugars and egg. Stir until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined. The dough will be sticky.
- Add chocolate chips and M&M candy and mix in well.
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap and place in fridge for at least 2 hours to overnight.
- When ready to bake, line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop the dough with medium size cookie scoop (1 and 1/2 Tablespoon size). Place scoops of dough on prepared baking sheet, spacing them 2" apart. Add few chocolate chips and M&M's on each scoop, if desired.
- Bake cookies for 13 to 15 minutes. For me 14 minutes was the magic number.
- Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer onto cooling rack.
- You can use any chocolate chips you like.
- You can press the cookie dough into an 8" square baking pan and bake it for 18 to 20 minutes to make cookie bars.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.