Cranberry White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies Recipe – chewy oatmeal cookies filled with dried cranberries and white chocolate chips! It’s quick and easy to make a batch and enjoy with a glass of milk!
It’s this time of year again! A free pass to bake cookies every day! Ginger molasses cookies, red velvet crinkle cookies, double chocolate M&M cookies and while we are all in, let’s pour a tall mug of hot chocolate and turn up the Christmas music! Decorating the Christmas tree and the fireplace mantel is so much more fun when there is a big plate of cookies on the table.
In our family, decorating the Christmas tree is a big event. Everybody is helping, favorite decorations are being pulled out of the boxes and new ones added to the collection. Each year, our kiddos make their own ornaments. There is glitter, paint and colorful washi tape everywhere. And there is fun. Lots and lots of fun!
Such activities require a good sweet treat. These chewy oatmeal cookies, filled with dried cranberries and white chocolate chips are perfect for that! I make the dough the night before and let it chill in the fridge all night and bake them the next day. We even make them to share with friends, family, neighbors. I hope you will make a batch too!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR DESSERT BOARD!
CLICK HERE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK.
- 1.5 cup old-fashioned oats not quick cooking
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted, cooled, 1 stick
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves (if using), salt.
- In another mixing bowl, stir together butter vanilla, both sugars and egg. Stir until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined. The dough will be sticky.
- Add chocolate chips and dried cranberries and mix in well.
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap and place in fridge for at least 2 hours to overnight.
- When ready to bake, line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop the dough with medium size cookie scoop (1 and 1/2 Tablespoon size). Place scoops of dough on prepared baking sheet, spacing them 2" apart. Add few chocolate chips on each scoop, if desired.
- Bake cookies for 13 to 15 minutes. For me 14 minutes was the magic number.
- Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer onto cooling rack.
This recipe is based on my Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies .