3-Ingredient Beer Bread – the easiest quick savory bread recipe made with self-rising flour, sugar and beer. Perfect to go with a bowl of soup or chili.
3-INGREDIENT BEER BREAD
It’s super easy to make as it requires only 3 ingredients to make: self-rising flour, sugar and beer. And even if you don’t have self-rising flour on hand, you can easily make your own. This bread is as easy as my Quick Cheese Bread and even easier that the popular 1-Hour Skillet Focaccia. You can use it for sandwiches, grilled cheese or serve with pasta and soups!
DOES THIS BREAD TASTE LIKE BEER?
It does taste like beer so be ready for that. If you don’t like the taste of beer, this recipe is probably not for you even though the taste decreases when grilling stuffed with meat, cheese and veggies. The bread is quite pale in the appearance as we are using light beer in this recipe. I would be very interested how using a dark beer would affect the looks, texture and taste!
How to make self-rising flour?
Mix together 1 c all-purpose flour, 1.25 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt. Use in the recipe.
MORE EASY BREAD RECIPES:
3-INGREDIENT BEER BREAD RECIPE:
3-ingredient Beer Bread
- 3 c self-rising flour (*see note on making your own)
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 12 oz light beer , at room temperature (opened right before using)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a 9"x5" loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk flour (*see note for additional ingredients if making your own self-rising flour) and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add beer and stir with wooden spoon until all combined. Do not overmix.
- Transfer the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 43 to 45 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before slicing.