No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake – one amazing cheesecake that is no-bake and perfect for peanut butter lovers!
It’s the National Cheesecake Day!!!
If you are new to my blog, you may not know that I am a HUGE fan of cheesecake. It’s my very favorite dessert and also the very first one I learned how to make. It’s the first dessert I served to my Hubby back in the day when we were still dating. It’s the dessert I make for special occasions.
I LOVE CHEESECAKE.
Recently, I posted a reader survey. Thank you so much to those who filled it out! It really made my heart melt and there were moments where I really teared up! You guys rock! Which makes it the second reason for this cheesecake. It’s for YOU, my sweet readers!
Number three on the reasons list is actually one of the comments on the survey. I asked if you would like to see more skinny recipes on this blog. One of my readers replied: No skinny recipes please! Go big or go home!
So we are going big!
This cheesecake is creamy and it melts in your mouth! It has a perfect amount of the peanut butter. It is topped with sweet whipped cream. Nothing skinny about it, that’s for sure! 🙂
I also used my very favorite chocolate crust. It doesn’t require pre-baking. It has four ingredients (graham crackers, cocoa powder, butter and chocolate) that you mix together, press into the pan and chill. It will harden and it will create the perfect base for the cheesecake filling.
The fact that is summer and you may not feel like turning your oven on, I went with a no-bake version. Just mix all of the ingredients, layer in the pan and let your fridge do the work!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS RIGHT INTO YOUR INBOX!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 and 1/2 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons butter , melted
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 8 oz package of cream cheese , softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup granulated (white) sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 8 oz container of whipped topping (or 1 and 1 and 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream, whipped to stiff peaks)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 8" springform pan. Set aside.
- Place graham cracker crumbs, cocoa powder and in a food processor and process until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add the chocolate and process until the chocolate is broken into very small pieces. Add the melted butter and process until the crust comes together.
- Scrape the crust into the prepared pan and press onto the bottom.
- Place the pan in the fridge and chill while making the filling.
- Place cream cheese in a food processor. Process until smooth. Add peanut butter, both sugars and vanilla and process until everything is well combined. Scrape the mixture into a medium mixing bowl.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping (or cream) with a rubber spatula, until no streaks remain in the mixture.
- Scrape the mixture over the crust. Smooth out the top with an offset spatula.
- Cover the pan with a plastic wrap, making sure it doesn't touch the surface of the cheesecake.
- Place the cheesecake in a fridge and chill for at least 6 hours.
- Whipp the cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over chilled cheesecake.
- Chill until ready to serve.