Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies - easy party appetizer with a little bit of a sweet kick! Check out our video to see how we made them!
Before you say that it's January and we all should be eating salads and chugging on smoothies and here I am posting an appetizer that its anything but healthy - let me stop you. Here is what I think about starting the year on a healthy note - do it! Incorporate more healthy food into your diet. My whole family drinks this green smoothie every single day and it's fantastic and very beneficial. My kids snack on oranges and cuties and baby carrots. I use half and half instead of cream in our pasta dishes. But I say don't hate your favorite food, just because it's January and you feel the pressure to make the resolutions. Everything in moderation. It really works!
Also, my Pinterest feed shows folks are pinning comfort food and cheese and bacon appetizers. Pin this one too!
This appetizer is what we enjoyed on our New Years Eve celebration and the last game day. It's easy and absolutely delicious. Exactly what you want from an appetizer. I love the combination of sweet and spicy so we decided to kick this one up a notch and add chili pepper to the brown sugar coating. It's an unexpected surprise but one that you love!
No more boring smokies cooked in barbecue sauce. Jazz them up a little and wrap these babies in bacon. Coat with chili and brown sugar coating and bake until the bacon is cooked and the sugar caramelized. This easy appetizer should make an appearance on your next party or game day!
Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies Recipe
- 1 package little smokies cocktail sausages
- 7 slices of bacon each slice cut into 3
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Wrap each sausage in one piece of bacon. Secure with a toothpick. Set on a prepared baking sheet. Repeat with all sausages.
- Mix brown sugar and chili powder in a small bowl. Dip each bacon wrapped sausage in the sugar mixture, pressing the sugar onto the bacon.
- Set back on the baking sheet. Bake for 22 to 24 minutes OR until the bacon is cooked and sugar is caramelized.
- Cool and serve.
To show you exactly how easy it is to make it, we created a short video. Check it out! Also, don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel!
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!