Rocky Road Fudge is a chocolate fudge with mini marshmallows and peanuts. An easy sweet treat made with only 4 ingredients!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Homemade fudge is one of the easiest treats you can make. All you need it one can of sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips. For this Rocky Road version, we are using semi-sweet chocolate chips, peanuts and mini marshmallows. Big squares of chocolate fudge loaded with nuts, marshmallows, bits of cookies or candy bars.
This Rocky Road Fudge is a family favorite and a must for the holidays! Rich chocolate fudge squares filled with fluffy marshmallows and slightly salty peanuts is a must-make treat for Christmas. Perfect to enjoy while watching holiday movies or pack in treat bags for gift-giving.
- chocolate chips: I used semi-sweet but a combination of semi-sweet and milk works great too;
- sweetened condensed milk: makes the fudge rich and creamy;
- mini marshmallows: one of the signature additions that make this popular fudge;
- nuts: I used peanuts, but walnuts, almonds, or cashews work great too.
How to make Rocky Road Fudge?
- Combine chocolate chips and milk in a saucepan and melt over medium heat, stirring often.
- Add nuts and marshmallows and stir in.
- Pour mixture into pan and spread evenly. I like to use an 8" square pan for thicker pieces but you can also use a 13" x 9" pan. You can sprinkle more add-ons over the top.
- Let the fudge set, then cut and pack in treat bags or boxes or place on a serving platter for everyone to enjoy.
What is Rocky Road fudge?
Rocky Road fudge, much like the famous ice cream, is chocolate fudge with marshmallows and nuts. You can add chocolate chips to the mix and some recipes add raisins and crushed biscuits. It's one of the most popular holiday candies in America!
How to freeze fudge?
Yes! You can make this fudge ahead of time and freeze it. I recommend freezing it in a block and wrap in plastic wrap. Then place in a freezer-safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw it out, then cut it into squares.
I recommend storing fudge in the fridge in a container with a lid for up to 1 week.
Our favorite nuts to use are chopped peanuts. Walnuts, almonds or cashews work great too!
More Candy Recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, let me know in the comments below! Don't forget to rate it if you enjoyed it!
Rocky Road Fudge
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- ¾ cup peanuts
- In a medium saucepan, combine chocolate chips and milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and the chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat. Add mini marshmallows and peanuts. Stir in.
- Line 8" square pan with parchment paper and pour the mixture into the pan. You can sprinkle more add-ons over the top.
- Let cool completely to set.
- Store in air-tight container in fridge for up to 1 week.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
This recipe was originally published on December 2nd, 2017 and updated on November 24th, 2019.