This Reindeer Chow is a 3-ingredient Christmas treat made with chex cereal, pretzels and M&M's candy. Perfect for gift-giving or snacking on while watching Christmas movies!
Santa's Reindeer Chow is a super fun treat that every kid and adult loves! It's easy to make and perfect to share with friends and family during the holidays. I make a big batch with my kiddos and we watch Christmas movies or decorate the house and blast out the holiday music. We also pack it into cellophane gift bags for our friends and neighbors. It's a colorful, festive and delicious holiday treat for everyone!
- Muddy Buddies
- red and green M&M's candy
- any other holiday candy you like
How to make Reindeer Chow?
- Prepare Muddy Buddies: melt chocolate with oil, and toss with cereal to coat evenly. Toss with powdered sugar.
- Combine pretzels, M&M's candy and Muddy Buddies in a bowl.
- Serve right away or divide into gift bags.
I recommend a container with lid or even a cookie jar, since they have a rubber seal. The cereal and pretzels will stay fresh longer.
What other candy can I add to this mix?
I often add mini peanut butter cups, chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit, even cereal. You can make Nutella Muddy Buddies by substituting chocolate with heated up hazelnut spread. You can make it with peanut butter too!
More holiday candy treats:
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Holiday Category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
- 4 cups Chex cereal I use mix or rice, corn and wheat
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups pretzels
- 2 cups red and green M&M's candy
- Place cereal in a big mixing bowl.
- Melt chocolate with oil in the microwave. Stir until smooth.
- Pour chocolate over cereal and toss gently to coat.
- Place cereal in a ziploc bag and add powdered sugar. Close and shake.
- Place cereal in a serving bowl. Add pretzels and M&M's.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
- To jazz it up, you can add hot cocoa mix to powdered sugar before tossing with cereal.
- Add nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips or more mini candy to the mix.