Pumpkin Spice Coconut Macaroon Cookies Recipe – coconut macaroons with real pumpkin and spices! Perfect sweet treat for the holidays!
Now add these Coconut Macaroon Cookies to the mix. They are chewy, sweet and taste like pumpkin pie with coconut. So good! They are fast and easy to make, with only a handful of ingredients required. Pumpkin and coconut might seem like a strange combo but it totally works in these macaroons. If these classic coconut cookies happen to be your favorite, I hope you will love this fall version with real pumpkin and warm spices.
For these coconut macaroons, I used the sweetened condensed milk version. The classic calls for egg whites and sugar, and while I still love it, I think this recipe is easier. I also added flour to keep the cookies from spreading, especially since I am using real pumpkin puree in the mix. These cookies don’t spread so you can bake a dozen on a sheet at a time. I dipped half of the batch in melted semi-sweet chocolate for the chocolate lovers. Both versions were fantastic!
These cookies are great to share with friends and family, since this recipe makes 3 dozen. Thanks to the pumpkin puree and condensed milk, they are soft and chewy (not crispy at all). Just sweet little mounds with the taste of pumpkin pie.
- 1 14 oz . bag sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 14 oz . can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (check out my homemade version HERE
- 5 Tablespoons pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together coconut and sweetened condensed milk.
- Add flour, pumpkin spice and vanilla and mix well.
- Scoop the dough with a medium cookie scoop (1 and 1/2 tablespoon size) and drop mounds on prepared sheet. The cookies don't spread so you can fit quite a bit on a sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes OR until the cookies look set and the bottom is golden brown.
- Cool on sheet for 5 minutes, remove onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.