Peaches and Cream Bars a la Mode – summer dessert at it’s best! Quick and easy crumb bars with peach pie filling, drizzle of cream glaze and a scoop of vanilla ice cream – let’s dig in!
If I had to choose one fruit that I always associate with summer, I’d say it’s peaches. I absolutely adore peaches! Everything peach actually. Drinks, ice cream, cakes and bars. And when it comes to summer desserts, they also have to be easy. No long hours in the kitchen. More fun time outdoors!
These Peaches and Cream Crumb Bars are the essence of summer. They are quick and easy to make (the crust and topping requires just few basic ingredients), use Lucky Leaf’s Premium Peach Pie Filling and is served a la mode – with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
I’ve said it before and I will say it again – the Lucky Leaf Premium Pie Filling is outstanding. It has no high fructose corn syrup and the fruit chunks are large. They have more fruit in each can compared to a store brand. I was so happy to pull out large slices of peaches from the can and layer them perfectly over the crust. I admit, a few made their way straight into my mouth. Because peaches! I love them!
This dessert is perfect for summer birthday parties, girlfriend lunches or brunches, family gatherings (you can easily double the recipe for a 13″x9″ pan) or lazy Sunday afternoons.
I adapted my favorite crumb bars recipe and made them with granulated sugar only and skipped the sour cream layer. I stirred up a sweet cream glaze to pour over cooled bars for the cream side of the dessert. All that’s left needed is a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream and the treat is ready to be devoured. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1.5 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Lucky Leaf Premium Peach Pie Filling
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 2 teaspoons whipping cream
- vanilla ice cream
- Grease a square 8” baking pan or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add melted and cooled butter and stir in with a fork. Reserve ¾ of a cup of the mixture for the crumb topping. Set aside.
- Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of prepared pan.
- Layer peach filling over the crust.
- Stir the reserved topping mixture with a fork until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the peach filling.
- Bake for 20 to 23 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the glaze by whisking sifted powdered sugar with cream until drizzling consistency. Add more cream if needed.
- Cool to room temperature in the pan.
- Cut and serve drizzled with glaze and scoops of vanilla ice cream.
Disclosure: I am Lucky Leaf’s brand ambassador. I have been compensated for this post. All opinions, text and photos are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that I love and that make this blog possible.