These P. F. Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps are made of ground chicken cooked in Asian hoisin sauce and served on lettuce cups. Make this copycat recipe of a popular restaurant favorite in your own kitchen!
Over the years, I acquired quite the collection of copycat recipes of our favorite restaurant meals. I absolutely love recreating our favorites and adding them to our weekly menu. These Chicken Lettuce Wraps that are a copycat of P. F. Chang’s restaurant, are one of them. This popular dish is one of the easiest to make and also very versatile. Lettuce wraps can be made with any filling you like and any lettuce you like. For this recipe, I used ground chicken (that you can easily make at home from a boneless skinless chicken breast) that’s cooked in a sauce with all the Asian flavors you love.
- ground chicken
- olive oil
- sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- yellow onion
- water chestnuts
- hoisin sauce
- low-sodium soy sauce
- apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- sweet chili sauce
- ground ginger
- butter lettuce
- Heat up oil in a skillet and cook chicken until done.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes.
- Whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, sweet chili sauce and ginger are together.
- Pour over cooked chicken and simmer.
- Add chopped water chestnuts for texture.
- Serve in lettuce leaves.
Can I use other ground meat to make this dish?
If you don’t like or have chicken on hand, you can also make this recipe with ground turkey or lean ground beef.
What is the best type of lettuce for lettuce wraps?
Any kind! Typically, you will see lettuce cups recipes call for butter lettuce. That includes Boston and Bibb lettuce, which are varieties of butterhead lettuce. You can also use Romaine lettuce as the leaves are strong enough to be filled. They look more like boats then cups.
More Asian dinner recipes:
- Check out our roundup of favorite Asian takeout recipes!
- Quick Teriyaki Chicken
- Cashew Chicken
- Korean Chicken
- Chicken Yakisoba
- Chicken Chow Mein
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Asian Category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
These Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a copycat of a popular restaurant favorite! Ground chicken is cooked in Asian hoisin sauce and served on lettuce cups.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 oz. can water chestnuts drained
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 leaves of butter lettuce
- In a skillet, heat up both oils over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until done.
Add chopped onion and minced garlic and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the onion is almost translucent.
- In a small mixing bowl or measuring cup, whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, ginger and sweet chili sauce. Pour mixture over chicken and stir well.
- Simmer over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped water chestnuts to chicken and stir. Remove from heat.
- Place up to 1/4 cup of mixture onto each lettuce leaf. Serve immediately.
- If you don't have ground chicken on hand, you can slice boneless skinless chicken breast into slices, partially freeze it (20 to 30 minutes in the freezer should do it), then pulse in the food processor until you reach desired texture.
- If you don't like or have chicken on hand, you can also make this recipe with ground turkey or beef.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
This recipe was originally published on June 22nd, 2018 and updated on November 1st, 2019.