Jalapeno Popper Burger – beef burger grilled to perfection and topped with jalapeno popper filling. Spicy, juicy and perfect game day food!
Our favorite dishes, that I share here on Crunchy Creamy Sweet, seem to be a combination of two dishes we already love. Take the Spinach Dip Chicken Pasta, or Pizza Bread, Philly Cheese Steak Cheesy Bread or Snickerdoodle Scones, to name just a few.
Today is no exception. This burger is a combination of a grilled beef patty and a jalapeno popper. It is also one of the best burgers we ever made or had. It’s juicy, spicy and it’s a must for a game day!
Thick burger, grilled to perfection topped with a creamy, cheesy and spicy jalapeno filling – pure genius! We made it few times and each time we can’t stop raving about how crazy good this bad boy is!
Served on a pretzel bun with a side of spiralized sweet potato fries (say what??? oh yes, we did!) this burger makes a meal that you will be craving again as soon as you clean your plate.
We are huge fans of jalapeno poppers and the filling situation that comes with it (especially if there is bacon wrapping involved). My taste buds used to be so bored, occasionally hyped up if I started spooning caramel straight into my mouth. Then I met my Hubby and he taught me to love spicy food. I remember the love for spicy food being even stronger during my pregnancy with our little boy. I was craving it all the time! Jalapeno poppers were like candy to me!
Making this burger fired up our love for jalapenos and dishes that include that spicy pepper, so you will be seeing more new recipes with them. #jalapenopopperteam
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 pretzel buns
- slices tomato we used 3 halves per burger
- leaves lettuce we used 1 per burger
- slices pickled jalapeno we used 4 per burger
- 4 oz . cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 cup fresh jalapenos grilled, seeds removed, chopped finely OR 1/3 pickled jalapeno slices, chopped finely
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, mozzarella, salt, pepper and jalapenos (chopped). Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In the meantime, divide the beef into four parts and form into patties. Grill 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Place a lettuce leave on the bottom part of bun. Top with grilled burger patty. Spread two to three tablespoons of jalapeno mixture on top of the burger. Top with 5 pickled jalapeno slices, 3 halves of tomato slices and the top part of the bun.
- Serve immediately.
We recommend toasting up the buns before assembling the burgers. To do so, spread a thin layer of butter on each part of the bun. Place on a hot cast iron skillet and toast (on the buttered side only) until golden. We used a gas grill to grill our burgers. You can use your favorite method and grill or use a grill pan on a stove top.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet or #crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!