This Instant Pot Jam can be made with fresh or frozen fruit, like strawberries, blueberries, peaches, apricots and others. No pectin needed!
Homemade jam is very easy to make, especially if you have the Instant Pot. You only need fruit, water, sugar and lemon juice to make it. No high fructose corn syrup or pectin needed! You can use virtually any fruit, fresh or frozen. It takes only 3 minutes to pressure cook it and can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. We love it on toasted bagels or toast but also as fillings in desserts.
- fruit (fresh or frozen; at least 1 pound)
- granulated sugar
- lemon juice
- vanilla extract (optional)
How to make jam in the Instant Pot?
This jam can be made with pretty much any fruit. I made blueberry, strawberry and peach jam.
- Place berries (I used frozen) in the Instant Pot, add water, lemon juice and sugar.
- Close the lid and set timer to 3 minutes.
- Once done, let the IP release pressure naturally.
- Stir in cornstarch slurry (mix cornstarch with water) and stir until the jam thickens.
- Hull, wash and chop strawberries.
- Place them in the Instant Pot, with water, lemon juice and sugar.
- Pressure cook for 3 minutes.
- Let the Instant Pot release pressure naturally.
- Stir in cornstarch slurry until thickened.
- Wash peaches. Slice in half, remove the pit. Remove skin if desired.
- Chop and place in the Instant Pot.
- Add water, sugar and lemon juice.
- Pressure cook for 4 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally.
- Stir in the cornstarch slurry until the jam thickens.
Can I make this jam sugar-free?
Yes! You can use honey instead of sugar. Add 1/2 cup of honey or maple syrup to fruit. Do not stir. You can also add 1/2 cup of chia seeds to thicken and skip the cornstarch slurry.
What other fruit can I use?
I made it with fresh and frozen cranberries and it was amazing. You can use blackberries, apricots, oranges, etc.
How long does it last?
This jam will easily last for up to 2 weeks in a fridge, in a jar with a lid.
How much does this recipe make?
This recipe makes one 16 ounce jar and one 8 ounce jar of jam.
More Instant Pot recipes:
For more recipes using the digital pressure cooker, feel free to browse our Instant Pot Category.
Also, check out my Instant Pot Guide for Beginners, filled with all the info you need to get started with your new appliance! Seeing BURN message on your IP? Read my Instant Pot Burn Message post to learn why and how to save your dish.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Instant Pot Jam
- 1 lb blueberries fresh or frozen, see note
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- Make sure the insert is in your Instant Pot.
- Place berries in the Instant Pot, add water, lemon juice and sugar. Do not stir!
- Close the lid and set the pressure valve to sealing position.
- Press "manual" setting and set timer to 3 minutes.
- Once the cooking cycle is done, let the IP release pressure naturally. Do not touch the valve.
- Mix cornstarch with water in a small bowl.
- Add cornstarch slurry into jam and stir until the thickens.
- Cool until safe to handle, then pour into a jar.
- Cool completely before storing in the fridge.
- You can use fresh of frozen fruit. If you use frozen fruit, the Instant Pot will take longer to come to pressure. The cooking time stays the same.
- I made this recipe with blueberries, strawberries, peaches, with fresh and frozen cranberries and it was amazing. You can use blackberries, apricots, oranges, etc.
- Berries only need 3 minutes of cooking time. For larger fruit, use 4 to 5 minutes.
- This recipe makes one 16oz jar and one 8 oz jar of jam.