Fruit on the Bottom Bruleed Oatmeal - easy breakfast idea with oats. Bake oatmeal with fruit filling on the bottom and toasted sugar topping.
FRUIT ON THE BOTTOM BRULEED OATMEAL
We love baked oatmeal and I make it quite often. My Easy Baked Oatmeal Cups are a favorite around here. I wanted to jazz it up a bit and Bruleed Oatmeal with fruit on the bottom sounded perfect. This is a great idea for a weekend breakfast when you want something nutritious yet sweet. Fruit filling is topped with cooked oatmeal and sugar topping then popped under the broiler for a few minutes. The result: delicious oatmeal that is bound to become a favorite!
HOW TO MAKE FRUIT ON THE BOTTOM OATMEAL?
- Cook oatmeal with sugar and vanilla.
- Toss some fresh or frozen fruit (previously thawed) in a little bit of sugar and place on the bottom of your cocotte or ramekin.
- Top it with cooked oatmeal and sprinkle with a mix of granulated or brown sugar.
- Pop in the oven under the broiler for few minutes until the top caramelizes and you're done!
Easy and quite fast weekend breakfast idea.
MORE OATMEAL RECIPES:
FRUIT ON THE BOTTOM BRULEED OATMEAL RECIPE:
Fruit on the Bottom Bruleed Oatmeal recipe
- 1/2 c old-fashioned oats
- 1 c water
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp pie filling I used Lucky Leaf's strawberry pie filling
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter 2 4oz. ramekins. Place 1 tablespoon of fruit filling in each ramekin.
- In a saucepan, combine oats, water, salt and vanilla. Add granulated sugar and mix well. Cook until done.
- Divide mixture among ramekins. Sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- Broil for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve warm.