Frozen Cranberry-Orange Mimosa – chilled prosecco and frozen cranberry and orange juice makes this drink simply irresistible!
Bubbly prosecco poured over a slushie cranberry and orange juice mix just makes my weekend that much better. Especially during summer, when my Hubby fires up the grill, kiddos have a hoola-hoop throwdown and the pup runs carefree in the grass. Those are the best days!
I celebrate summer and those days with a glass of mimosa. Frozen mimosa at that.
One way to give a drink a Summer lift is to freeze some of the ingredients and mix everything into a slushie consistency. It’s refreshing and cooling and that much more delicious.
Traditional mimosa is made with orange juice. I added my favorite flavor to the game: cranberry. I froze both juices in my ice cub trays, blended them into a slushie and filled the glasses before the prosecco bottle was popped open. Best.decision.ever.
This drink has the colors of a Summer sunset and taste so delicious – it would be a great drink for parties and gatherings.
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
- 1 bottle Prosecco sparkling wine I used Martini, well chilled
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- Pour cranberry juice into ice cube trays. Freeze.
- Pour orange juice into ice cube trays. Freeze.
- When ready to serve, place juice ice cubes in a blender and pulse until slushie consistency. You can blend both juices together or separately. For a layered look in a glass, I blended them separately.
- Spoon the juice slush into serving glasses.
- Top with prosecco, filling the glass to the top.
- Serve immediately.
Cheers! If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on your social media! Tag me #crunchycreamysweet or @crunchycreamysweet on Instagram! I’d love to see what’s happening in your kitchen!