Egg Roll in a Bowl is a quick and easy low-carb dinner made with ground chicken, pork or turkey, coleslaw mix, more veggies and Asian sauce. Everything cooks in one pan, in just 15 minutes.
We are taking takeout to a new level with this light, quick and easy dish made with ground turkey, shredded vegetables and Asian sauce. This meal cooks in just one pan! Thanks to the convenience of coleslaw mix, you save on prep time. You can also use fresh shredded cabbage and carrots. Don’t forget the mushrooms! While they are not required, they add so much delicious flavor to this dish. You can serve this Egg Roll in a Bowl with a side or brown rice or cauliflower rice for a truly satisfying meal.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- green onion
- sesame oil
- apple cider vinegar
- fresh ginger
- low-sodium soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- Sriracha or sweet chili sauce, optional
- Start by heating up oil in a skillet. Saute garlic and onion, then add ground meat and cook until done.
- Add mushrooms, shredded carrots, grated ginger, and coleslaw mix. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve garnished with chopped green onions and Sriracha or sweet chili sauce.
- vegetarian: skip the meat and double the mushrooms amount;
- gluten-free: use coconut aminos in place of soy sauce;
- keto or Whole30: use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce;
The Egg Roll in a Bowl is perfect for making ahead and freezing. It’s a great healthy dish for busy days! Simply divide the mixture into servings and freeze in ziploc bags. Keep in freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw it out in microwave within minutes or let sit in the fridge until it’s ready to be heated up. You may need to add a little bit of water to the mixture.
More healthy dinner ideas:
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Healthy Mac and Cheese
- Garlic Butter Mushroom Pork Chops
- Moo Goo Gai Pan stir fry
- Chicken Chow Mein
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out! 😀
A quick and easy low-carb dinner made with ground chicken, pork or turkey, coleslaw mix, more veggies and Asian sauce. Everything cooks in one pan, in just 15 minutes.
- 1 lb ground turkey see note
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil divided
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 5 white mushrooms
- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- 2 medium carrots shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 green onions
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Sriracha or sweet chili sauce optional garnish
- Heat up olive oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a large skillet.
- Add chopped onion and minced garlic. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and ginger and saute for 1 minute.
- Add ground turkey and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Cook until done.
- Add grated carrots and coleslaw mix (or 6 cups shredded cabbage). Stir everything together.
- Cook on medium-low heat for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add remaining sesame oil (2 teaspoons), vinegar and soy sauce. Stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with chopped green onions and a drizzle of sweet chili sauce or Sriracha.
You can use any ground meat you like: turkey, pork, chicken or beef.
For plant-based diet: use coconut aminos in place of soy sauce and double the amount of mushrooms or use tofu crumbles in place of ground meat.