This Cranberry Relish is the best and easy recipe for a Thanksgiving side dish. It's made with fresh cranberries, apple and orange and sweetened with sugar and spiced with ginger and cloves.
If you are a big cranberries fan like me, you will love this relish recipe! It's bursting with flavors from the fresh cranberries, apple and orange. I spice it with cloves and ginger and sweeten with sugar or honey. This relish is a perfect holiday side dish idea that can be prepared last-minute as it only takes 10 minutes to make.
- fresh cranberries
- one apple
- one orange
- sugar or honey
- ground cloves
- ground ginger
How to make Cranberry Relish?
- Start by chopping each fruit in a food processor. I used a mini food processor and chopped cranberries first, then apples and then orange.
- Mix everything with sugar and spices.
- Serve right away or cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
I recommend storing it in a covered container in the fridge. It will stay fresh longer.
How long does it last?
While cranberry relish is best served the same day it is prepared, fresh relish can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. It may release juice while it refrigerates that will collect at the bottom, so keep that in mind.
More Thanksgiving side dish recipes:
- Green Bean Casserole From Scratch
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Classic Sweet Potato Casserole
- Sweet Corn Casserole
- Classic Thanksgiving Stuffing
- Turkey Gravy
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Holidays Category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 apple Granny Smith, Gala, etc.
- 1 small orange
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place fruit in a food processor and process until finely chopped. If you are using a small food processor, chop one fruit at a time. If you are using a large food processor, you can chop cranberries, apple and orange (seeds removed, peel on) together.
- Place chopped fruit in a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and spices. Stir together.
- Serve relish right away or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Make sure to wash cranberries, apple and orange well before chopping.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.