Cinnamon Sugar Banana Bread Recipe – perfectly moist and delicious banana bread brushed with melted butter and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Perfect use for overripe bananas!
CINNAMON SUGAR BANANA BREAD
My favorite banana bread makes an appearance on our kitchen table every week. This time, I brushed the top with melted butter and sprinkled it with cinnamon sugar. It’s easy and you can whip it up in no time. No mixer needed! Just a bowl, whisk and a measuring cup. Bonus – you can make it into muffins too for an even easier grab-and-go breakfast or snack.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST BANANA BREAD?
There are a few things that make good banana bread. Very ripe and sweet bananas and sour cream.
- The sweeter your bananas (the more brown their skin is), the less sugar you need in the batter and the sweeter and more yummy the bread will be. My standard banana bread recipe uses 3/4 cup of brown sugar but because for this Cinnamon Sugar Banana Bread I used very ripe bananas, I scaled it down to 1/2 cup. I think you could use even less.
- The sour cream (or you can use Greek yogurt) make a bread with a tender crumb. It gives it a slight tang and ensures the moist and tender texture. I always bake with buttermilk or sour cream for that purpose. It’s just irresistible! This recipe has a perfect balance of dry and wet ingredients, that’s why the top is not flat or sunken ( you don’t want that! ), but raised and cracked. The bread cooks perfectly all the way through, no uncooked, raw spots in sight.
HOW TO TOP BANANA BREAD?
This recipe can be your go-to banana bread recipe. You can brush the top with butter and cinnamon sugar or drizzle it with cream cheese glaze. Craving chocolate? Add 1/2 cup of semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips, or chunks of chopped chocolate bar to the batter. You can also make a cinnamon swirl like I did in my Blender Banana Bread. Feel free to add dried fruit and nuts, if you like. You can spread cinnamon butter over a slice and devour. However you make it, it will be delicious!
HOW TO STORE BANANA BREAD?
I pack already sliced bread into a ziploc bag or keep it in aluminum foil loaf pan and take with us on road trips. It is also perfect to add to your lunchbox or as an after-school snack. It will stay moist and delicious for up to 3 days if kept covered.
MORE RECIPES WITH BANANAS:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
CINNAMON SUGAR BANANA BREAD RECIPE:
Cinnamon Sugar Banana Bread Recipe - perfectly moist and delicious banana bread brushed with melted butter and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Perfect use for overripe bananas!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 medium bananas very ripe
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9" x 5" loaf pan. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cloves.
In a large measuring cup, mash bananas. You should have 1 cup of the mashed mixture from 2 medium bananas. Add eggs, oil, sour cream, vanilla and sugar. Whisk together.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a spatula. Do not overmix.
Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake bread for 10 minutes in 375 degrees F. When the timer beeps, do not open the oven door but lower the temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake bread for 30 more minutes OR until the top is cracked and golden brown and the toothpick inserted in few spots in the center of the bread comes out almost clean.
Cool bread in pan completely.
Brush bread with melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Slice and enjoy!
I always add a pinch of ground cloves to banana baked goods. It adds a nice warm flavor, especially paired with cinnamon.
You can brush the top with butter and cinnamon sugar or drizzle it with cream cheese glaze. Craving chocolate? Add 1/2 cup of semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips, or chunks of chopped chocolate bar to the batter. You can also make a cinnamon swirl like I did in my Blender Banana Bread. Feel free to add dried fruit and nuts, if you like. You can spread cinnamon butter over a slice and devour.
Keep bread in air-tight container for up to 4 days.