Chocolate cupcakes for two - the best recipe for two cupcakes filled with fluffy filling and topped with chocolate ganache frosting!
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES FOR TWO
Can I just say it took me about a dozen tries to get them just like I wanted? Yep, a dozen times. I tried many different recipes for just two cupcakes but none of them were what I wanted. My goal was to make two of the best chocolate cupcakes we have ever had and that they would be easy to make to boot. I wanted them big and tall. I wanted them so utterly chocolatey - it would make you weak in your knees! You may also like my Chocolate Mug Cake for Two! It's amazing!
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES FOR TWO?
I added vinegar, which may seem strange to you, but I promise it has it's purpose here. You won't taste it a bit but it magically gives the crumb the rich chocolate slightly reddish color. Love it! If you are using the regular Dutch-processed cocoa powder ( that doesn't have the acidity ) instead of the all-natural cocoa powder, it will also help activate the baking soda. Baking soda needs something acidic to react in your recipe. I also added some melted chocolate to the batter. More chocolate is always a good thing. 🙂
EGG-FREE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
Oh, and guess what? They are vegan! No egg here so if you are avoiding them, can't have them or simply run out of them - you can still have the best chocolate cupcake ever. Do I get a high five? 🙂
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
Pink cream cheese filling to balance the richness of the frosting-cupcake combo. 🙂 Simply mix 2 tablespoons of softened cream cheese with pink gel food coloring and a teaspoon of heavy cream and fill your cupcakes. And it looks pretty too! 🙂
Now, can we talk about this frosting for a moment? This frosting is THE BEST chocolate frosting your taste buds will have the pleasure tasting. Forget the confectioners' sugar and butter kind. This one is not only the easiest to make but the most amazing in taste. The only way to go when you are making a special treat for Valentine's Day or any celebration that calls for chocolate indulgence.
MORE DESSERTS FOR TWO:
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES FOR TWO RECIPE:
Chocolate cupcakes for two
- 5 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks melted
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/16 tsp salt a dash
- 3 Tbsp cold water
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese softened
- 1/2 tsp heavy cream
- 1 drop pink gel food coloring
for ganache frosting:
- 4 oz . semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- 1/4 c heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp corn syrup
- Line two cavities of your cupcake pan with liners. Set aside. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients ( flour, sugar, cocoa powder, soda, baking powder and salt ). Set aside.
- In a small measuring cup, stir together water, oil, vanilla and vinegar. Add to dry ingredients and stir.
- Add melted chocolate and stir just until combined. Divide into two liners.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of each cupcake comes out clean. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix together softened cream cheese, gel food coloring and whipping cream. Mix well until smooth. Set aside.