Chocolate Chip Blondies Recipe – buttery cookie bars loaded with chocolate chips. Quick and easy to make, no mixer needed!
When you are craving a gooey melt-in-your-mouth dessert and need it fast, blondies are the way to go. It’s the easiest recipe for cookie bars. You will love the butterscotch flavor alongside the semi-sweet chocolate chips. These Chocolate Chip Blondies are a one-bowl, no-mixer dessert that you will be making over and over. The buttery and gooey texture and lots of chocolate chips make them totally irresistible! Serve still slightly warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a la mode treat.
What are Blondies bars?
Blondies are similar in texture to brownies but do not contain cocoa powder or chocolate. They have a butterscotch flavor thanks to the mixture of brown sugar and butter. Some say it is a bar version of chocolate chip cookies, however unlike the cookies, typically blondies do not have granulated sugar but only brown sugar.
- unsalted butter
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
Blondies are very simple to make.
- You only need a bowl and a wooden spoon or spatula to make the dough. No mixer needed!
- Simply, stir together melted butter and brown sugar.
- Add vanilla and egg and stir until the egg is incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir together.
- The dough should be thick and sticky.
- You can add chocolate chips, lemon zest and white chocolate, any chocolate candy, pretzels or swirl in caramel sauce or fudge sauce.
- Bake until the edges are puffed up and the top looks dry but the center wiggles when you shake the pan gently. Let the bars cool completely before cutting.
Since these cookie bars are soft and chewy (thanks to melted butter and brown sugar), I recommend storing them in a container with lid. They will keep the texture and not dry out.
More cookie bars recipes:
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse out Dessert Category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Buttery cookie bars loaded with chocolate chips. Quick and easy to make, no mixer needed!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8" square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together melted butter and brown sugar. Stir well.
- Add vanilla extract and egg and stir until the egg is well incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients and stir until the dough is thick and sticky.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread the dough in prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. For me the magic number was 22 minutes. The edges should be puffed up and the top appear dry but if you gently shake the pan it should still jiggle slightly.
- Let the bars cool in pan completely.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- You can use any add-ons in this recipe: shredded coconut, butterscotch chips, lemon zest, white chocolate chips, pretzels, chocolate candy, sprinkles or funfetti OR swirl in caramel sauce or fudge sauce.
- Serve blondies while still slightly warm with a scoop of ice cream for a la mode treat.
- You can bake these blondies in an 8" pie pan and serve as a cookie pie.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.