Boston Cream Delight – a combination inspired by my Hubby’s two favorite desserts! You will love this recipe!
Recently, we celebrated my Hubby’s birthday. Every year I give him the standard: what would you like for your birthday? question. And usually he will have a specific request. This year: surprise me! was the answer.
One the actual day, the kiddos and I made my Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting – one of our favorites! There were candles and singing and lots of fun. For the whole family get-together I wanted to make something special and unique and this dessert was born. A combination of my Hubby’s two favorite desserts: Boston Cream Pie and Cherry Delight.
This dessert was a huge hit! Everyone loved the creamy vanilla filling topped with rich ganache. There was nothing left after the party!
You can play with this recipe by adding different pudding mix. I would love to hear about it if you make any changes!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
- 2 and 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 packages 8 oz. each cream cheese softened
- 8 oz tub whipped topping
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 package 3.4 oz. instant vanilla pudding
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips
- 1/4 + 2 Tbsp cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp corn syrup
- Line a 13"x9" pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Set aside. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place graham crackers in the food processor. Add sugar and process until combined.
- Slowly drizzle in the melted butter and process until the crust comes together.
- Place the crust into prepared pan and press down firmly.
- Bake the crust for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Set aside to cool completely. (Baking the crust will prevent it's crumbling when slicing the dessert.)
- Place cream cheese in the food processor. Process until creamy, 10 to 15 seconds.
- Add vanilla extract, pudding mix and sugar. Process until well combined.
- Add the whipped topping in two additions, process just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Scoop the filling onto the ready crust. Spread evenly. Smooth the top out with an offset spatula.
- Place the pan in a fridge to chill until set (2 hours to overnight).
- Place the chocolate in a medium mixing bowl.
- Place the cream, sugar and corn syrup in a medium saucepan and heat to just boiling. Remove from heat.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate. Do not mix! Let stand 5 minutes.
- Whisk the ganache until smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
- Pour the ganache over the filling or top each slice just before serving.