Blueberry Turnovers – easy brunch dessert idea that everyone will love! Flaky, crispy pastry filled with blueberries and creamy lemon filling.
Freshly baked, flaky pastry filled with a delicious blueberry filling with an addition of cream cheese. Gentle dust with powdered sugar for a finishing touch. Served for a Spring brunch on a table dressed with fresh flowers. That’s what enjoying this season is about.
For this recipe, I used blueberry pie filling. I love using pie fillings in baked treats besides pies! The addition of cream cheese and lemon zest cut the sweetness and add fresh flavors to these turnovers.
How to make Blueberry Turnovers?
- Prepare filling: place blueberry pie filling in one bowl, softened cream cheese with lemon zest in another.
- Place beaten eggs in a bowl.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into 4 squares. Brush edges with egg.
- Place filling in the center of each square.
- Fold to make triangles (match opposite corners together).
- Press fork on edges to seal.
- Brush tops with beaten egg.
- Bake until flaky and golden brown.
- puff pastry
- lemon zest
- cream cheese
- blueberry pie filling
- 1 egg
- powdered sugar
Other fabulous brunch recipes:
- Fluffy Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Toasted Coconut Shortbread Cookies
- Glazed Lemon Muffins
- Strawberry Crumble
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Blueberry Cream Cheese Turnovers
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- 4 Tbsp cream cheese softened
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 8 Tbsp Blueberry Pie Filling
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small measuring cup beat the egg with one tablespoon of water.
- Unroll the puff pastry. Gently roll it out to seal all three parts of the sheet.
- Cut the sheet into 4 even squares.
- With a pastry brush, brush the edges of each square with the egg wash.
- Place 1 tablespoon of cream cheese on each square. Spread gently with a butter knife.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of a teaspoon of lemon zest.
- Top with 2 tablespoons of blueberry pie filling. Spread gently but do not cross the egg wash brushed edges.
- Fold each square to make triangles.
- Seal the edges with a fork.
- Place the triangles on the prepared sheet.
- Brush each turnover with the egg wash.
- If you like, you can cut out little hearts from more puff pastry dough and place them on brushed turnovers.
- Bake turnovers for 18 to 20 minutes, or until puffed and nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and let sit to cool to room temperature.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
This post was originally published on April 15th, 2015 and updated on June 3rd, 2019.