This Air Fryer Party Mix is made with Chex cereal, nuts, pretzels, and savory or sweet seasoning, then air-fried for 20 minutes. It's a quick and easy snack for parties, movie nights, and picnics!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
This recipe started with a half-bag of stale pretzel sticks that I wanted to revive to their gloriously crispy texture. Usually, I would use my oven, but this time I decided to give it a try in the air fryer. Best decision ever! It was quick and easy! It instantly gave me an idea to make a whole party mix in this little appliance. But not just one version, the classic savory mix. I made two: savory and sweet. Don't ask me which one is better. They are both absolutely delicious!
This is a fun recipe to whip up for a party, get-together, or family movie night. You can make just one version or both and let everyone choose their favorite!
- cereal: wheat Chex and rice or corn Chex cereal,
- nuts: any blend you like, I used peanuts,
- pretzels: sticks or twists,
- savory mix: butter, paprika, garlic powder, salt, Worcestershire sauce,
- sweet mix: butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, sugar.
How to make party mix in the air fryer?
- Start by combining pretzels, cereal, and nuts in a large mixing bowl.
- For the classic savory version, mix butter, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt, and garlic powder. Mix well with a spoon.
- For the sweet version, mix butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar. Mix until the sugar is almost dissolved in the butter.
- Divide the party mix into 2 equal parts.
- Add the savory butter mixture to one part and the sweet butter mixture to the second part.
- Toss well to coat.
- Preheat the air fryer.
- Pour the party mix into an air fryer basket. Spread evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes, shake the basket, and air fry for another 10 minutes.
Why this recipe works?
The air fryer replaces the oven in this classic snack recipe. You don't have to wait for the oven to preheat, the air fryer takes only 4 minutes. You can make the mix half the time it takes to bake it in the oven. This is a real time-saver!
What else can I add to this party mix?
Bagel chips, oyster crackers, and cashews can be added to the mix. Once done, you can add M&M candy, chocolate chips, mini peanut butter cups, etc.
More air fryer recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, let me know in the comments below! Don't forget to rate it if you enjoyed it!
Air Fryer Party Mix
- 3 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup nuts
- 1 cup pretzel sticks or twists
for the savory mix:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
for the sweet mix:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cereal, nuts and pretzels.3 cups Chex cereal, 1 cup nuts, 1 cup pretzel sticks or twists
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt butter.4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Add seasoning and mix well.1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon paprika, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Spread the party mix in the air fryer basket. I baked half the mixture at a time. Don't over-crowd it.
- Press the "air fry" setting, set the temperature to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and timer to 10 minutes.
- Once the first bake time is done, shake the basket and place back in to bake for another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the basket and let cool on a baking sheet or in a serving bowl.
- Bagel chips, oyster crackers, and cashews can be added to the mix. Once done, you can add M&M candy, chocolate chips, mini peanut butter cups, etc.
- If you want to make only one version of the party mix, double the butter and seasoning mix.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use a calorie counter you are familiar with.