These Air Fryer Chicken Wings are so quick and easy to make, you will be enjoying a plate of wings in no time! Seasoned to perfection, juicy inside, and crispy on the outside, these wings are a must-make appetizer for air fryer fans!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
It's appetizer season (or football season, depending on if you are in it for the game or for the food)! Chicken wings are a must for a game day in our house and these Air Fryer Chicken Wings have been winning!
Thanks to the air fryer, they are so quick and easy to whip up. Tossed with simple seasoning and cooked in as little as 14 minutes, they have crispy skin and juicy meat. I serve them with 3 dipping sauces, plenty of variations for everyone!
- chicken wings: cut into 3 pieces: drumette, wingette and wing tip;
- olive oil: helps the seasoning stick to the wings;
- seasoning: salt and pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika.
How to make chicken wings in the air fryer?
- Start by removing excess fat from chicken wings. Pat them dry.
- Drizzle olive oil over wings and sprinkle all seasoning.
- Toss to coat.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange wings in a single layer, making sure there is space between each piece.
- Cook for 14 to 16 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove from air fryer and repeat with another batch, until you cook all the wings.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
Dipping sauces for chicken wings:
When it comes to serving the chicken wings, dipping sauces come to mind. Go with the classic Buffalo, Asian soy sauce, or simply with your favorite BBQ sauce. For the Buffalo sauce, combine 1 part of butter with 2 parts of hot sauce (like Frank's). For the Asian sauce, check out my recipe for Asian Chicken Wings.
Chicken wings cook quite fast in the air fryer which cuts down on cooking time already. At 400 degrees F, the wings are done in 14 to 16 minutes, just remember to flip them halfway through the cooking time.
You can double or even triple the recipe, just remember to cook the wings in batches for the best results. You want them to have space between each other so the air can circulate properly and cook the wings.
More Air Fryer recipes to try:
If you like this recipe and make it, let me know in the comments below! Don't forget to rate it if you enjoyed it!
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- 1 lb chicken wings
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Remove excess fat from chicken wings and pat them dry. Place in a bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over wings and sprinkle all seasoning. Toss to coat.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400° F.
- Arrange wings in a single layer, making sure there is space between each piece so the air can circulate and cook the wings properly. Cook in batches if needed.
- Cook for 14 to 16 minutes, flipping halfway through. See note about air fryers.
- Remove chicken wings from air fryer and repeat with another batch, until you cook all the wings.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
- If you have the Instant Vortex air fryer, press the "air fry" button, set the temperature to 400 degrees F, and cook time to 14 minutes. The air fryer will start preheating without counting down the cooking time. It will prompt you to place food inside. Halfway through the cooking cycle, it will prompt you to flip the food. -
- If you are using an air fryer like PowerXL, preheat it for 2 to 3 minutes; set the first cooking time to 8 minutes, flip the wings, then cook another 6 to 8 minutes.
- For the Buffalo sauce, combine 1 part of butter with 2 parts of hot sauce (like Frank’s). For the Asian sauce, check out my recipe for Asian Chicken Wings.
Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use a calorie counter you are familiar with.