REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS RIGHT INTO YOUR INBOX!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
- 1 ready pie crust baked and cooled
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree not pie filling
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar (optional (optional, see note)
- If using a pie crust dough, defrost one sheet of dough and place in a pie plate.
- Crimp edges, prick the bottom with a fork and bake in 400 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the crust is golden.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add vanilla, spices and pumpkin puree. Beat until well mixed and smooth.
- In another mixing bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form. (see note for tips)
- Using a rubber spatula, add 1/3 of whipped cream to the pumpkin cream cheese mixture and gently fold in (do not whisk or mix).
- Add the rest of the whipped cream and fold in gently, until no white streaks remain in the filling.
- Scoop the filling out onto the cooled crust. Spread with an offset spatula. Make decorative swirls or peaks.
- Place the pie in refrigerator for at least 2 hours to set. You can also refrigerate it overnight.
- Keep the leftovers chilled for up to 2 days.
The cream of tartar is always recommended added to whipped cream during the whipping process, to help stabilize the cream. You know when the cream is whipped, if you lift the mixer beaters and the peaks of cream are stiff. Do not over-whip the cream. The total time includes the chilling time, required for setting.
You can make this pie ahead of time and store for up to 2 days. Another big plus! You can dress it up with a dollop of whipped cream, a dash of nutmeg and maybe even a drizzle of caramel sauce. Or you can have it plain and simple. Whatever you decide, you will absolutely love this pie!
MORE DELICIOUS PUMPKIN RECIPES:
Pumpkin Spice Crumb Bars – easy pumpkin treat with irresistible crumb topping.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars – creamy and spiced pumpkin cheesecake in a bar form. So easy and delicious!
Pumpkin Layer Cake – decadent layer cake with a ton of flavor. Ginger jam filling makes for a perfect pairing with the pumpkin cake.
Pumpkin Donut Muffins – fall Sundays call for coffee and donuts! Pumpkin donuts coated in cinnamon sugar are perfect for that!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins – moist and delicious pumpkin muffins filled with chocolate chips.
Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte – the best recipe for pumpkin spice latte but with less sugar and calories!