This easy focaccia takes only 1 hour to make. Perfect side for your pasta dish or your favorite soup.
One Hour Skillet Focaccia Recipe Card
This easy focaccia takes only 1 hour to make. Perfect side for your pasta dish or your favorite soup. Recipe slightly adapted from Taste of Home Best Loved Recipes Cookbook Instructions and shortcuts: Crunchy Creamy Sweet original
Servings: 6 servings
Calories: 242 kcal
for the dough:
- 3/4 c warm water
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp yeast I used active dry
- 2 Tbsp olive or canola oil
- 2 c all-purpose flour divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
for the Parmesan butter brush:
- 3 Tbsp unsalted or salted butter melted
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Place water and sugar in a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Sprinkle yeast over the water and stir few times. Let sit until foamy ( about 5 minutes).
- Turn the mixer on low speed and add 1 cup of flour and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add oil and mix well.
- Gradually add as much of the remaining cup of flour as you can ( it can be only 3/4 of it) and mix until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 220 degrees F and when it's ready turn it off. Keep the door closed.
- Grease the skillet.
- Place dough onto a floured surface (use the remaining flour from the second cup) and fold the dough few times until you feel it's smooth and not sticky anymore. Shape into a ball.
- Roll out the dough into a size of your skillet.
- Place in skillet. Stretch up the sides. Cover with a kitchen towel and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Take the skillet out of the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Make indentations in the dough with your fingers.
- Mix melted butter, Parmesan and seasoning in a small bowl. Brush the dough with half the butter.
- Place skillet with dough in the preheated oven and bake 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Brush with remaining butter. Let cool until safe to the touch and slice. Serve.
For the original post, click HERE.