Glazed Brown Butter Blondies

Join us for the Valentine’s Day extravaganza with lots of delicious recipes  and Giveaways!!

brown butter blondies 1b Glazed Brown Butter Blondies

I finally did it. I made the best blondie recipe ever. EVER. Chewy, dense, melt in your mouth and with brown butter through and through.

I give you Brown Butter Blondies.

brown butter blondies 6 Glazed Brown Butter Blondies

I married my favorite things of late: brown butter and blondies.

After the first bite, I knew I hit the gold mine so I decided to add the brown butter glaze. I mean, why not? Whit such a treat it’s “go all in or not at all”!

brown butter blondies 4 Glazed Brown Butter Blondies

These blondies are ridiculously easy to make. The only hard part is to wait for them to cool down. And you have to! These are baked for no longer than 20 minutes. Actually, the magic number for me was 19 minutes. Pull them out, set on a wooden cutting board and walk away. WALK AWAY!

brown butter blondies 5 Glazed Brown Butter Blondies

Trust me. It’s totally worth it. You will swoon over these as soon as the first bite melts in your mouth. Brown butter brown sugar blondie base topped with the easiest and outrageously delicious glaze.

See my Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies for a quick how-to on browning butter.

Glazed Brown Butter Blondies

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 18 minutes

Total Time: 38 minutes

Yield: 8"x8" pan; 16 squares or 32 triangle bites

The best blondies you will ever have! Brown butter through and through. Frosting optional but highly recommended.

1. for blondies:
  2. 1 c all-purpose unbleached flour
  3. 1/2 tsp baking powder
  4. 1/8 tsp baking soda
  5. 1/2 tsp salt
  6. 1/2 c ( 8Tbsp, 1 stick ) unsalted butter
  7. 1 c packed dark brown sugar
  8. 1 large egg
  9. 1 tsp vanilla extract
  10. for glaze:
  11. 1 c confectioners' sugar
  12. 5 Tbsp unsalted butter
  13. 1 tsp milk ( or more if needed )

1. Spray 8" square baking dish with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper and spray the paper. Set aside.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  3. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients ( flour, baking powder, soda and salt ).
  4. In a medium saucepan brown 8 tablespoons of butter. Take of the heat and add brown sugar. Whisk until combined. Let cool slightly.
  5. Add egg and whisk well.
  6. Add vanilla extract and whisk again.
  7. Add the dry ingredients all at once and fold in gently with a spatula. Do not over mix. The batter will be thick and sticky.
  8. Spread in prepared baking dish.
  9. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, but no longer than that. Let cool completely before frosting.
  10. For the glaze: sift the confectioners' sugar into a small mixing bowl. Brown the remaining 6 tablespoons of butter. Add to sugar and whisk well. It may look crumbled. Add milk, one teaspoon at a time, until you reach drizzling but still thick consistency. Spread over cooled blondies. Cut into squares or triangles.

For me the magic number was to bake them for exactly 19 minutes. Let them cool completely before frosting and cutting.

Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin
 Glazed Brown Butter Blondies

Please, make these.

brown butter blondies 1a Glazed Brown Butter Blondies

Have a wonderful weekend!

Thanks for reading and please keep in touch. Subscribe to Crunchy Creamy Sweet and follow me on  Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.

1. curryandcomfort says

Wow.. they look incredible. :) Well done my friend. I know you are having a sugar rush in Blondie heaven. :)

2. Jennie @themessybakerblog says

I want these blondies in my mouth now. Not only do I want them, but I need them. They look amaze balls!

3. says

brown sugar and butter – putting the two together gives SUCH an impeccable flavor Anna! And I adore blondies. I like them much more than brownies! These look SO dense and soft. And the glaze – always need glaze. I love your photos!

• CrunchyCreamySw says

I feel the same about blondies. And these are the best I have ever had. You will love them, Sally! Thank you!

4. Kate | Food Babbles says

“chewy, dense, melt in your mouth”… those words literally made my mouth water. Really, you had me at “brown butter” These blondies sound amazing!!

5. says

I just made brown butter blondies, too…but added a few things to mine. I will have to try your version with the yummy glaze next!

6. Paula @ Vintage Kitchen says

Brown butter and blondies, absolute favorites, I agree! I think the baking time is crucial, will try paying more attention to it, I always seem to forget with brownies and cookies, so they never turn out the same twice! That first pic is fantastic

• CrunchyCreamySw says

Thanks, Paula! You are right, timing is very important when making blondies. Hope you will give these a try!

7. cupcakekalechip says

These sound ridiculous! Pinning to a shared Browned Butter board, for all browned butter fans to see!

8. Anne B says

Wow, Anna! I know brown butter makes everything better. But you totally nailed it with these blondies! They look just beautiful. I am certain I could not walk away!

9. Danielle Giannandrea says

Oh. My. God. These look so delicious! The best part is that I have all the ingredients on hand. I’ll be making these soon. I love blondies and brown butter! This recipe could be dangerous : )

10. Laura Dembowski says

I love blondies. They’re one of my favorite treats! I bet these are even better with that glaze.

11. Nancy says

Anna, I love eating blondies but never feel that the ones I make are very good. I probably haven’t found the right recipe yet so I can’t wait to try yours – this looks so dense, moist ‘n chewy. Just what the perfect blondie should be!

• CrunchyCreamySw says

It took me some experimenting to find the perfect ones. This is it! If you do try them, please let me know what you think. Thanks, Nancy!

12. Serena Bakes Simply says

Mmmm.. These look amazing as always Anna! Pure heaven! I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

13. says

Anna, these blondies are out. of. this. world!! Just so you know, I have a die-hard blondie obsession, okay? They’re my preferred dessert over cookies, brownies and the like! And adding brown butter and that luscious glaze on top is both totally brilliant and scary dangerous for a blondie fiend like myself!

• CrunchyCreamySw says

Yay! Me too! I am so glad they are getting more popular and more spotlight. I hope you will try these. Thanks, Hayley!

14. CrunchyCreamySw says

Wow! That sounds like quite the challenge. But I know you will do awesome and hopefully will still have a chance to try these :) Thanks, Jen!

15. domesticfits says

OMG. I’m sort of glad these are nowhere near me, I would eat the entire pan and gain 100 pounds. Dangerously delicious looking.

16. Cathy Pollak - says

These sound crazy amazing…wow. I want to scrape off that icing and eat it with a fork!

17. gerryspeirs says

Dang it, why didn’t I think of this…because I’m not as smart as you ;) Amazing blondies..

• CrunchyCreamySw says

lol I have seen some pretty creative brownie concoctions on your site, Gerry! Glad you like the blondies! Thank you!

18. says

They look wonderful! I made dark brown sugar blondies (that were more dark than blonde!) with butterscotch a couple mos ago & still think about them. These are gorgeous and perfect in every way! Love the browned butter!

19. Chrissy says

Oh my goodness, these are absolutely AMAZING!! I could have eaten the whole pan myself. Thank you for sharing your recipe!

20. Joanna Ma says

These came out amazing! My friend gave up desserts for lent and these were the first things she ate to break her fast after Easter and all she said was “wow what have I been missing out on???” Thank you for the amazing recipe!

• CrunchyCreamySw says

That’s fantastic! Thank you so much for letting me know, Joanna!! I love these blondies!