Yields 24 large cookies or 48 small cookies
Alton Brown's Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies do not disappoint. In flavor and size!
More CCC Monday recipes on www.crunchycreamysweet.com
1 hr, 20 Prep Time
12 minCook Time
- 8 ounces unsalted butter
- 12 ounces bread flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ounces granulated sugar
- 8 ounces light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 ounce whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- In a medium saucepan, brown the butter.
- Meanwhile, whisk together flour, salt and soda in a medium mixing bowl.
- Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients ( egg, egg yolk, milk and vanilla ).
- Set aside.
- Take of the heat, swirl the saucepan few time and let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Pour into a mixing bowl of your standing mixer.
- Add both sugars and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Reduce speed to slow and add the wet ingredients. Mix until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Reduce speed to "stir" or the lowest setting possible and add half of the dry ingredients. Mix for 15 seconds.
- Add your chocolate chips to the remaining flour.
- Now switch to a spatula and fold in the chocolate chips with the rest of flour mixture.
- Fold it in just until combined.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and position your rack on the lower third of the oven.
- Line your cookie sheet with foil, parchment paper or silpat.
- Scoop the cookie dough with ice cream scoop onto prepared sheet.
- Bake 12 - 15 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for at least 5 minutes.
Original recipe on http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/the-chewy-recipe/index.html