White Chocolate Cranberry Sugar Cookies – soft and chewy cookies topped with melted white chocolate and dried cranberries. Easy and delicious treat to bake on a cold and snowy day!
How do you feel about a white chocolate and cranberry combo? I hope you are like me and love it, because these cookies are all about it. Soft and chewy sugar cookies are topped with melted white chocolate and dried cranberries and ready to much on.
This idea is based on one of my favorite bars, ones that I make a lot this time of year – Cranberry Bliss Bars (a Starbucks Copycat). I can’t call them Cranberry Bliss Cookies since there is no cream cheese frosting involved (even though I had strong intentions to do so) but they are still absolutely delicious!
I actually made them in a hurry. I had a batch of my favorite sugar cookies all baked and cooled. They were waiting to be frosted. But then I was in a hurry, leaving for a ballet class with my girls and there was no time to whip up a frosting. So melted chocolate it was!
When in doubt, melt some chocolate. Only good things can come out of it. Also, when it’s cold outside – bake something! It always works and it’s bound to put you in a good mood.
I share one White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies recipe before. It’s based on my favorite chocolate chip cookie and has cranberries and white chocolate stirred right into the dough. It’s still one of my favorites! This time, I used my trusted sugar cookie recipe and used the cranberries and chocolate to decorate. I melted the chocolate with a tiny bit of vegetable oil which created a shell. Sort of like a magic shell you love to pour over ice cream! It cracks each time you take a bite which adds more texture to the soft sugar cookie.
- 1 and 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup white chocolate chips , melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable or coconut oil
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, cream butter for 30 seconds. Gradually add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg and mix in well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until incorporated.
- Cover the bowl with the dough and chill for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Using a 1 and 1/2 tablespoon scoop, drop mounds of dough onto the prepared sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 11 minutes. The cookies will puff up but deflate slightly during cooling.
- Cool cookies completely before decorating.
- Melt chocolate and oil in a heat-proof dish, in a microwave. Stir until smooth.
- Spread each cookie with two teaspoons of melted chocolate. Sprinkle with dried cranberries.
- Set on a cooling rack to dry. Repeat with the rest of the cookies.
- Drizzle the remaining chocolate over each cookie. Let dry.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.