This sugar-free Easy Strawberry Chia Jam takes only 10 minutes and 3 ingredients to make and can be made with any fruit you like, fresh or frozen!
Chia seeds are delicious and can be used not only to make pectin-free jams, but also healthy desserts, like my Chocolate Chia Pudding.
Easy Strawberry Chia Jam
Making a sweet fruit jam with no added sugar but superfood chia seeds instead, is like magic! I promise you will not miss the store-bought berry spread that’s loaded with sugar. This healthy Strawberry Chia Jam is sweet from the fruit and has the jam texture and consistency thanks to chia seeds. When added to the liquid, chia seeds form a gel. Perfect for making a jam. No pectin or sugar needed to thicken it. Fruit Chia Jam is very easy to make. It can be made with any fruit, fresh or frozen.
Spread on a toasted whole wheat bagel or a fresh slice of my No-Knead Bread and enjoy. It’s absolutely delicious!
How to make Chia Jam?
- Simply place fruit ( chopped into small pieces ) in a small saucepan. and cook until it starts to release juice.
- Smash fruit with a fork. Cook until the mixture looks like a sauce. You can leave it as chunky as you like.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add a tablespoon of lemon juice. Stir well.
- Add the chia seeds and stir well. As the jam cools and sits, it will thicken.
- Pour into a jar with lid and store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
What do you need to make chia jam (your shopping list):
- chia seeds
- strawberries (fresh or frozen), or other fruit
- lemon juice
How much does this recipe make?
This recipe makes a medium size jar (about 6oz.) of jam. It can easily be doubled to make more. If you do not like a chunky texture in your jam, you can place the mixture in a blender or use an immersion blender and blend until smooth.
What other fruit can be used to make chia jam?
- Any berries are great to make chia jam: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.
- Peaches are fantastic too, especially when super sweet and soft.
More Easy Recipes Like this:
Cranberry Jam (Fridge Style)
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Easy Strawberry Chia Jam
- 1 cup fresh of frozen strawberries see note
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Place fruit in small saucepan. Cook on medium-low heat, stirring often, until it starts to release juice.
- Turn the heat to medium and using a spatula or a whisk, press the fruit down to break it down. Stir often. Cook until mixture looks like sauce. You can leave it chunky or break the fruit down more.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Add lemon juice. Stir well.
- Add chia seeds and stir well.
- As the jam sits and cools, it will thicken up. Pour into a jar with lid.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. If using fresh strawberries: wash and hull them, then chop them into smaller pieces. You can add pure vanilla extract and honey if desired. Taste the jam once cooled and adjust to your liking.
- If you do not like a chunky texture in your jam, you can place the mixture in a blender or use an immersion blender and blend until smooth.
- This recipe makes about 3/4 cup of jam.
This recipe was originally published on January 15th, 2018 and updated on June 6th, 2019.