S'Mores Krispies Bars - fun summer treat that everyone will love!
Olympics in 10:
1. Watching women's gymnastics stresses me out.
2. My girls make relay races in our living room.
3. I love Missy Franklin's red white and blue mani.
4. You want to protest - have cash on hand.
5. Women without make up on tv are actually being cheered on.
6. I know for sure I hate running.
7. Summer tv has been saved by exercise that everyone wants to watch, even if it's on 12 hrs a day.
8. After the Olympics are over, Bachelor Pad will be the only exciting thing on tv. How sad...
9. My Hubby works out more than usually.
10. I react emotionally and make chocolate treats.
Toasted marshmallows and melted chocolate - the ultimate summer afternoon treat. It should be obligatory to enjoy such a combo. Summer is just not complete without it.
S’Mores Krispies Bars
- 2 c rice krispies cereal
- 2 c mini marshmallows
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 - 2 c mini marshmallows
- Line 8" x 8" baking dish with parchment paper making sure you have overhang on two sides for easier lifting out.
- Lightly grease the bottom of the paper. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-proof bowl, place mini marshmallows and butter.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, stir and microwave for additional 20 seconds if not melted.
- Add rice krispies and gently fold in.
- Pour the mixture onto the bottom of your prepared pan.
- Press down gently. Set aside.
- In a microwave-proof measuring cup or small bowl, melt together chocolate chips and butter.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour over rice krispies layer.
- Sprinkle the top with the additional mini marshmallows.
- Place under broiler for 1 minute, checking every 15 seconds if the marshmallows are not burning.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
What is your favorite thing about summer?