Healthy Sheet Pan Sausage and Vegetables Recipe - smoked sausage, broccoli, zucchini, potatoes and peppers with Italian seasoning, roasted together for a quick and easy sheet pan dinner on busy weeknights.
Now that school is back in session and our days just got busier, I need even more variety in quick and easy meals. If I am not pulling out my Instant Pot to do the work, I am reaching for a sheet pan. I combine my love for roasted veggies and add sausage (or chicken!), roast it all together and have dinner on the table under 20 minutes. Depending on the vegetables, it can take even less time!
This Healthy Sheet Pan Sausage and Vegetables recipe combines minimal clean up yet the result is full of flavor, healthy and delicious dinner that the whole family enjoys.
HOW TO MAKE SAUSAGE AND VEGETABLES SHEET PAN DINNER?
Start with chopping everything into fairly the same size pieces. Peel potatoes and cube them, trim broccoli florets and cut large ones in half, chop pepper and zucchini. Slice sausage into 3/4 - 1" pieces. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a large baking sheet and arrange all ingredients in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil, season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Add minced garlic and toss everything together. Roast at 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
WHAT VEGETABLES TO USE IN SHEET PAN DINNERS?
The answer is simple: any you like! If you think the flavors will go with sausage (or chicken), use any vegetables you have on hand. I used broccoli (my favorite), yellow potatoes, bell pepper and zucchini. You can use red or sweet potatoes, green beans, cauliflower, red onion, squash, Brussels sprouts, even artichoke hearts. Even add chopped apple or pears and nuts! Sheet pan meals are so versatile and you can have a different dinner every night! One note: if you are using Russet potatoes, let them cook for about 7 minutes before adding other veggies and sausage. They will take longer to roast.
HEALTHY SAUSAGE AND VEGETABLES RECIPE
Healthy Sheet Pan Sausage and Vegetables Recipe
- 16 oz. package smoked sausage
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium zucchini
- 3 cups yellow potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1.5 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Chop vegetables and sausage into same size pieces. Keep the potatoes a little smaller, since they take the longest to roast.
- Arrange sausage and vegetables in a single layer on the prepared sheet.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and sprinkle with minced garlic. Toss everything together.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes OR until the vegetables are tender. Flip once halfway through baking time.
- Serve or keep in air-tight containers for meal prep for up to 4 days.