Shawarma Roasted Cauliflower Recipe - delicious cauliflower tossed in shawarma seasoning and roasted to perfection.
Raise your hand if you love roasted vegetables! I know I do. It's my favorite way to cook them. Hence the vast amount of recipes for roasted veggies on my blog. The only way, in my book, to enjoy the flavors and textures of vegetables is to drizzle them with olive oil, toss with spices of choice and roast in the oven.
SHAWARMA ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
This Shawarma Roasted Cauliflower is going to turn you into a cauliflower fan. Big time! It's so delicious! Besides, you can use it in rice or quinoa bowls, on tacos or flatbread or simply as a side dish.
HOW TO MAKE SHAWARMA ROASTED CAULIFLOWER?
- Start by preheating oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place cauliflower florets onto the sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with seasoning. Gently toss to coat.
Roast cauliflower for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender.
To make the sauce: combine natural sour cream or yogurt with minced garlic and dill. Taste and season with salt and pepper to your likings.
I have been playing with a homemade Shawarma seasoning blend recipe and it came out crazy delicious. I wanted to make a dish for our Meatless Mondays and the idea of tossing cauliflower florets in the olive oil and Shawarma seasoning mix had to happen. It was a hit!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS CAULIFLOWER?
The easiest dip to accompany this deliciously roasted cauliflower is the Garlic Dill Dip. Simply stir together natural sour cream or Greek yogurt (or cocondeliciouso keep it plant-based) with minced garlic, dill, salt and pepper. We love it on flatbread with chopped tomatoes, lettuce and red onion and a drizzle of my super easy sauce (recipe below).
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- Roasted Garlic and Ways to Use it
- Roasted Red Peppers and a Hummus recipe
- How to Cook Couscous
- Falafel with Tahini Sauce
Shawarma Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 medium cauliflower head cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive or grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon shawarma seasoning recipe below
- ½ cup natural sour cream or Greek yogurt (use coconut yogurt to keep it vegan)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried or fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cauliflower florets onto the sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with seasoning. Gently toss to coat.
- Roast cauliflower for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender.
- To make the sauce: combine natural sour cream or yogurt with minced garlic and dill. Taste and season with salt and pepper to your likings.
- 4 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3.5 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1.5 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Jacque Hastert says
Time to start snacking! I have some cauliflower in my fridge. Looks like I am making this for an afternoon snack.
I love a good cauliflower side dish!
I love roasted cauliflower! Such an amazing side dish!
Nutmeg Nanny says
Thank you for this! I need to make this!
Wow! I can't wait to try this cauliflower! So incredible!
Shawarma spices are SO flavorful, and I can't believe I never tried it on cauliflower before!
I love the versatility of cauliflower! Putting this one in my rotation this week.