This Pecan Pie is one of the easiest pies you can make. The caramel pecan filling is truly decadent!
One of the classic desserts for the holidays has to be this one. It's rich and decadent. I love pecan and I always use halves. You can chop the nuts roughly before stirring with the filling mixture. Since I don't make pies often, I have yet to master my pie crust recipe. For a shortcut, I use a store-bought ready crust or frozen crust that just needs to be blind baked before assembling the pie. This pie is truly easy to make and bound to wow your family and guests this holiday season!
- 9" pie crust
- white sugar
- corn syrup
- vanilla extract
- cinnamon and ground cloves
How to make Pecan Pie?
- If you are making a homemade crust, prepare it first.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs. Add sugar, salt, vanilla, melted butter and corn syrup. Mix well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour mixture into pie crust and bake for 50 minutes in preheated oven.
- Cool the pie completely before serving.
I recommend covering the pie with plastic wrap and storing it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can I make this pie ahead of time?
You can make pecan pie up to 3 days in advance and keep it in the fridge.
More holiday dessert recipes:
- Pumpkin Lush Dessert
- Gingerbread Loaf Cake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Cranberry Pie
- Chocolate Babka
- Bread Pudding
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Holiday Category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
- 1 9" pie crust
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 cups pecans
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare pie crust. Line a 9" pie plate with crust, decorate the edges, line with parchment paper and fill with dried beans. Bake the crust for 15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs. Add sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and cloves. Add melted butter and stir in.
- Add 1.5 cups of pecans into the filling and stir in. Pour mixture into crust.
- Top with remaining pecans.
- Cover edges of crust with aluminum foil to prevent overbaking. Bake the pie for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Cool pie completely, at least 2 hours.
- Slice and serve.
- The nutritional value does not include the pie crust.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
- You can use a mix of granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- You can use bourbon in place of vanilla extract.