Loaded Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies cups – cookie dough baked in muffin pan for a fun twist. Top these cups with ice cream and a drizzle of fudge sauce!
Have you ever thought of baking your cookies in a muffin pan? I am talking about scooping your dough right into muffin cavities of your pan and baking into fun cookie cups! Summer time will be here before you know it we will all be screaming for ice cream! How fun would it be to serve them and devour in these fun little cups made out of your favorite drop cookies? 🙂
I’ve slightly adapted Perfect M&M Cookies recipe from Picky Palate. It uses pudding mix. Have you tried adding pudding to your cookie dough? It makes them incredibly soft and able to hold a lot of goodies. Hence the “loaded” in the title. I was able to stuff these babies with tons of chocolate chips. I added a sprinkle of sea salt on top of each cookie, which makes them that much more irresistible!
There is chocolatey goodness in every single bite!
This should work with any recipe for drop cookies. I scooped the ready dough into balls onto a plate, covered them with saran wrap and chilled in the fridge overnight. When ready to bake, simply preheat the oven, place cookie balls into your muffin pan and bake for the time specified in the recipe. Simple yet fun!
Then the fun is up to you: scoop ice cream on top and drizzle it all with fudge sauce (like my favorite 10-Minute Fudge Sauce or this easy 5-Minute Chocolate Sauce. Or simply grab them on the go and enjoy like any other cookie.
I used this muffin pan. It’s my favorite. I imagine it would also work in a mini muffin pan for cute mini cookie cups!
- 1/2 c unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 c semisweet chocolate chips
- sea salt for sprinkling
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, pudding mix, soda and salt). Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter for 30 seconds. Gradually add granulated sugar and brown sugar and cream until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix on low just until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough into 1,5 tablespoon size balls and place on a plate or sheet. Cover with saran wrap and chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the cookie dough balls into ungreased muffin pan. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, or until you see the edges start to brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before removing onto a cooling rack.
- Top with ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.