Homemade Peach Schnapps – a fruity liqueur for your summer cocktails! You won’t believe how easy it is to make!
My favorite summer fruit happens to be also my favorite cocktail flavor. Peach! I can never tire of them! I wish they were in season all year long. One of my favorite summer margaritas is a combination of peaches and mango along with alcohol and it makes one fantastic cocktail. Since peach schnapps is an important ingredient, I’ve had it on my try-to-make-it-at-home list for a while. This recipe requires fruit, high proof alcohol, like Everclear®, simple syrup and a tablespoon of lemon juice. Yep! Only 4 ingredients are needed to make this homemade peach schnapps! And that’s not all. There is no need to wait for weeks for it to be ready to use. In two days the liqueur is ready to be added to the cocktail mix and enjoyed.
- fresh peaches
- strong alcohol, like everclear
- lemon juice
How to make Peach Schnapps?
- Combine peach slices, lemon juice and alcohol in a glass bottle.
- Set aside for 24 hours.
- Make simple syrup and add to liquor.
- Set aside for 24 hours.
What kind of alcohol to use?
You will need a high proof alcohol, like Everclear. Regular vodka should work too.
Can I use other fruits?
Yes! Use any fruit you like. I want to make a blackberry, raspberry, and pineapple version too!
How long does it last?
You can keep this schnapps for months. I recommend straining is as soon as the peaches break down and the liquor turns pink. Discard the peach pulp and store schnapps in a dark space for several months.
More drink recipes:
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Drink Category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Homemade Peach Schnapps
- 1 cup alcohol I used Everclear
- 2 large peaches washed, pitted and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup suga
- Place sliced peaches in a tall glass container. Add alcohol and lemon juice. Let sit one day.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together water and sugar and cook on medium heat until it boils. Boil for 30 seconds and remove from the heat. That's the simple syrup. Cool completely.
- Add the simple syrup to the peaches and alcohol. Let sit one day.
- Use in your favorite cocktails!
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
- You can use other fruit to make this schnapps: strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, etc.