Frozen Peach Bellini – jazz up your sparkling wine with a frozen peach puree for a fun summer drink that is full of bubbles and sweet peaches!
What’s my excuse for posting a bubbly drink recipe on a Monday? I have two actually. First of all, it’s summer and almost every weekend there’s a reason for celebration. Second – peaches. I love peaches! I always miss them during the cold season and never get enough of them during summer. I started freezing bags of chopped peaches that I will use for smoothies and cocktails this fall and winter.
A bubbly drink with all of the shades of a summer sunset and the flavor of sweet, ripe peaches is a winner in my book. There is nothing else to do, but relax and enjoy it. Soon it will be back-to-school madness and the long summer days will be just a memory so let’s enjoy the season while it’s here.
For this drink, you can use a peach sorbet (HERE is my favorite recipe) but if you don’t want added sugar, I recommend the peach puree. Simply freeze chunks of peaches and blend to a frosty puree just before serving. Fill the glasses almost half full with puree and top with champagne or sparkling wine.
Frozen Peach Bellini
- 4 ripe peaches , washed and pitted
- 1 bottle prosecco sparkling wine or champagne (I used Martini brand)
- Cut peaches into chunks, place in a ziploc bag and freeze until solid.
- When ready to serve, place frozen peach chunks in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Fill each champagne glass almost half full with peach puree. Top with sparkling wine to the top.
- Serve immediately.
If you make this recipe and enjoy it, snap a photo and share it on Instagram! Tag me #crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!