Grilled Chicken Sausage with Pineapple Salsa Recipe – spiral cut grilled sausage is paired with fresh, sweet and savory topping of pineapple, tomatoes, red onion and bell pepper. Perfect Summer picnic food!
This post is sponsored by al fresco all natural.
If I can suggest one recipe for the upcoming celebrations of 4th of July or any other this summer, it would be to skip the hot dogs and make these grilled chicken sausages with my current favorite topping: Pineapple Salsa! This idea is perfect for weeknights when you don’t want to cook inside and the grill is ready to be fired up. I used Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage and spiral-cut it on a skewer. Few minutes on the grill and it was ready for the sweet topping! Now that’s so me seriously good summer food!
Today I am partnering with al fresco all natural to bring you the recipe for my current favorite grilled meat topping. This Pineapple Salsa is sweet and savory in the same time and pairs perfectly with al fresco all natural Fully Cooked Chicken Sausage. This dish is quick, easy and absolutely delicious! Juicy and flavorful sausage and bright and fresh salsa are ready in under 20 minutes.
Since al fresco all natural Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage is already seasoned and fully cooked, all you need to do is heat it up on the grill and give it some sizzle marks. As for the salsa, stir up chopped veggies with the pineapple, drizzle with lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. You can serve is right away or refrigerate until ready.
al fresco all natural chicken sausage is made with lean, skinless chicken meat, has 70% less fat than pork sausage and 30% less sodium. Learn more about this product on al fresco all natural website.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS RIGHT INTO YOUR INBOX!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
- 4 links al fresco all natural chicken sausage
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes I used Roma
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley to garnish
- Pierce each sausage link with a skewer, lengthwise. Cut spiral-style. Gently stretch on the skewer.
- Preheat your grill. Place skewered sausages on the grill, not directly on the flames. Grill until heated up and sizzling. Remove from grill onto a plate.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together pineapple, tomatoes, pepper and onion. Drizzle with lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate or serve right away.
- Place sausage in a bun. Top with salsa. Garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro. Serve immediately.