Pineapple Chicken Kabobs recipe – sweet and sour marinated chicken, colorful bell peppers, sweet red onion and juicy pineapple make these kabobs a great quick and easy summer dinner idea!
PINEAPPLE CHICKEN KABOBS
I am a huge fan of grilled pineapple and sweet chicken and this dish combines the two. Besides, kabobs are so fun to eat! Pair it with tropical margaritas and lemonade and you are set to enjoy the summer! Great for summer parties and get-togethers, this Pineapple Chicken is sure to disappear in no time! These Pineapple Chicken Kabobs with delicious Hawaiian flavors!
This dish is not only easy to make but so colorful, it makes you happy just to look at it! The simple marinade is made of 6 ingredients and also used as a glaze during grilling.
Pineapple Chicken Kabobs Ingredients:
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast
- red bell pepper
- yellow or orange bell pepper
How to make a marinade for chicken kabobs?
I used fresh pineapple in this dish. My Hubby cored it using a pineapple corer and the juice we got from it was just enough for the marinade. Combine the following ingredients:
- fresh pineapple juice
- olive oil
- apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- brown sugar
- low-sodium soy sauce
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!
Pineapple Chicken Kabobs
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 red onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow or orange bell pepper
for the marinade:
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice I got exactly that much after coring fresh pineapple - see note
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Core pineapple and pour the juice into a small bowl.
- To make marinade: combine all ingredients with pineapple juice in small bowl. Mix well. Set aside.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Place in a bowl, Pour half of the marinade over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Keep the remaining marinade for glazing.
- Prepare pineapple, peppers and onion by cutting into fairly the same size pieces (see post photos for reference).
- Start your grill.
- Skewer chicken (discard the marinade it was chilling in), pineapple and veggies onto bamboo skewers. Use three to four pieces of chicken per kabob. When piercing the pineapple pieces, go slow to prevent breaking.
- Grill, brushing with remaining marinade once, until the chicken is done (it should reach the internal temperature of 165 degrees F.