Fluffy Vegan Pancakes are soft and fluffy pancakes without eggs or dairy. Filling and healthy option for a weekend breakfast!
These pancakes are so delicious and always a hit, just like my Healthy Pumpkin Muffins, made with oat flour, lots of pumpkin and no eggs or dairy!
Every Sunday morning is pancakes and waffles for breakfast in our family. Occasionally, my Hubby and I will have biscuits and gravy. But pancakes are a must. For the past few weeks, I have been playing with my go-to recipe for the best fluffy pancakes to make it healthier and vegan. I love the result!
These Vegan Fluffy Pancakes are so easy to make and ultra light and fluffy, all while eggless and dairy free. They are filling thanks to whole wheat flour and pumpkin puree. Topped with fresh fruit and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup, these Vegan Pancakes are perfect guilt-free weekend breakfast!
- all-purpose flour
- whole wheat flour
- brown sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
- almond milk
- apple cider vinegar
- pumpkin puree
- olive oil
- vanilla extract
How to make pancakes without dairy and eggs?
There are only two ingredients that you need to change in a classic pancake recipe to make them vegan: eggs and milk. Perfect substitutes for eggs are mashed bananas, applesauce or pumpkin puree. The easiest substitute is dairy. I used almond milk but you can use whatever milk you eat with your cereal in the morning. I also used a combination of white all-purpose and whole wheat flour to make these even healthier and more filling.
- Whisk all of the wet ingredients together, add the dry ingredients and whisk until the batter is thick and light. It will have air pockets.
- Preheat the griddle, spray with coconut oil spray or olive oil spray and fry pancakes as usual.
- Serve with fresh berries or sliced bananas, chopped nuts and drizzle of honey or pure maple syrup.
If your batter doesn't look like the picture below, but rather is runny, you didn't measure out the flour properly. The correct way to measure out flour is to fluff it with a fork or a spoon in the container you store it in, then spoon it into the measuring cup.
These Fluffy Vegan Pancakes have quickly became my family's favorite. My kids love this healthier version! I hope you will give this recipe a try and love it too!
More pancake recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Fluffy Vegan Pancakes recipe ( no eggs or dairy )
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup pumpkin puree see note
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or olive oil
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your griddle.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: both flours, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together milk, vinegar, pumpkin puree, oil and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and whisk until the batter is thick and light. It should look like it has air pockets.
- Using ¼ cup of batter at a time, fry pancakes on one side until bubbles form around the edges. Flip and fry 1 more minute. Repeat util you use up all of the batter.
- Serve warm, with fresh berries, sliced bananas, chopped nuts, coconut flakes and a drizzle of honey or pure maple syrup.
Lydia Wedlock says
How can I make the vegan pancakes gluten free? Also I do not see a note regarding the pumpkin puree.
Oh, nice!! My husband made pancakes for breakfast today, oddly enough, but they sure weren't as thick and fluffy as these 😉 They look fab!
haha! I hope he will try this recipe next time! 😀
These looks awesome! Perfect for brunch this weekend!
Absolutely! Enjoy, Jen!
Looks like the perfect way to enjoy breakfast!!
Thank you, Amanda!
I love pancakes and these are perfect!
we eat pancakes almost every sunday lol! Your looks so so fluffy and neat. These should be tried soon 🙂
Yay for pancake Sundays! 😀 Thank you, Kankana!
I love that these are healthier pancakes. Can't wait to make them for our Sunday breakfast!
Allyson Zea says
Pancakes are my weakness, but these look so delicious! I can't wait to try this vegan version!
Same here! I hope you love them, Allyson!
Cathy @ Lemon Tree Dwelling says
These look SO perfectly fluffy! And now I'm totally craving pancakes!
I hope you love them, Cathy!