Pumpkin Sheet Pan Pancakes Recipe - soft, fluffy and filled with pumpkin and pumpkin spice pancakes baked in the oven on a sheet pan. No more flipping! Serve with spiced brown sugar butter.
Today I am back with another recipe that will save you time in the kitchen. Those are always winners in my book! Let's talk about breakfast. Pumpkin packed, spiced and drizzled with spiced brown sugar butter SHEET PAN PANCAKES. Yep, these pancakes are baked all at once on a sheet pan in 12 minutes. I adapted my Sheet Pan Pancake recipe to use pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice to make this version. No eggs are needed to make these pancakes and you can use any milk you like, so the recipe is easily vegan adaptable.
These Pumpkin Sheet Pan Pancakes are super easy to make, you can make the dry ingredient mix ahead of time, you can add chocolate chips, dried fruit or nuts and serve a stack of them with spiced butter or my Homemade Pumpkin Butter.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN SHEET PAN PANCAKES?
Start by preheating the oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. In a measuring cup, whisk together the wet ingredients. Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and stir together just until combined. Do not overmix! Pour batter onto prepared sheet and spread evenly. Add toppings now, if desired. Bake pancakes for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the top is dry. Remove from oven and cool. Cut into squares and serve with spiced butter.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST SHEET PAN PANCAKES:
- Preheat oven before you start making the pancake batter, so it's ready to go when the batter is in the pan. You don't want it to sit in the pan for too long or the pancakes won't bake properly.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. It lets you easily cut the pancakes into squares and remove from pan without sticking. It's also easy clean-up.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE PUMPKIN SHEET PAN PANCAKES:
13" x 9" baking sheet pan with a rimmed edge
a sheet of parchment paper
one mixing bowl
one 2-cup measuring cup
Fluffy Vegan Pancakes (made with pumpkin puree)
Pumpkin French Toast Bake with streusel topping
–>> Follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram for latest recipe updates!
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
PUMPKIN SHEET PAN PANCAKES RECIPE
Pumpkin Sheet Pan Pancakes recipe
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup almond milk or any milk you use
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup pumpkin puree see note
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
for spiced butter:
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large 13" x 9" rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together milk, vinegar, pumpkin puree, oil and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and whisk until the batter is thick and light. It should look like it has air pockets.
- Spread the batter onto prepared baking sheet. Top with chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes. The top should be golden and dry.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Mix all ingredients for spiced butter in a small bowl.
- Cut pancakes into squares and serve with spiced butter.
- Use 100% pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
Yum! I have made this twice. I triple the recipe and split it between 2 sheet pans. Add some extra spices on top of the pumpkin pie spice for stronger flavor. Delicious any way you make it.....and SO much easier than flipping pancakes!
These were so good! I subbed out 1/4 cup of flour for ground oats, which I'm really liking in pancakes lately, and used applesauce instead of oil. I also forgot to add in the brown sugar and by the time I realized it, they were already on the pan 🤦🏼♀️ No worries though as they were great without the sugar (they also had enough when paired with the spiced butter and maple syrup!). Thanks so much for this! Will be freezing the remaining 12 pancakes and enjoying them throughout the fall! 😋😋😋
Molly Nordlin says
Just made this for Stay at Home brunch. I used spelt flour and applesauce for the oil and it turned out great. I topped it with pepitas and chocolate chips. Great easy recipe.
I love your subs, Molly! Great job! Thank you for trying my recipe!
Love to cook says
You can see in the picture the pan measurements say 13.25 X 9.25
These actually did not bake through for me, which was a disappointment. I'm aware of your note baout the flour, however, it's been well over half an hour and still not cooked through. Bummer.
Should this recipe include eggs? I looked at another of your sheet pan pancake recipe and it included an egg. This did not turn out as expected.
Hi Betsy! Nope, no eggs needed because we are using pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling, to be clear).
The pan in your pictures doesn’t look like a sheet pan. A 9x13 pan is not considered a sheet pan. Are you sure your measurements are correct?
Hi Kelly! Yes, the measurements are correct.
Easy recipe and awesome with sauteed apples.
Thank you, Laura!
totally saving this for our brunch this weekend!
Now this is my favorite breakfast! This looks sooooo good! Yummy! This made me drool. Cannot wait to try this. Thank you for a great recipe!
Thank you, Chrissie!
This is going to be such a game changer for breakfast time! So easy. I love it!
YES! Saves so much time! Thanks, Sabrina!
This looks really good! Such an amazing day starter!
Cheryl Sousan says
sheet pan pancakes is genius!! this looks so easy – saving for later!
Right? Thanks, Cheryl!
Say wha? Oh my gosh I have to try this!
Yes, you do! 😀
I LOVE pumpkin pancakes, and I can't believe I've never heard of making them on a sheet pan! Making some ASAP
Woohoo! Let me know what you think, Dee!
These are so cool! Such a neat idea!!
How cool are these, such a great and deeeelicious idea!
Thank you, Kimberly!
Rachael Yerkes says
Umm first, I have never heard of sheet pan pancakes, and now I can't believe I have never done this before. And these pumpkin ones look absolutely fantastic. Yum!
You have to try this idea, Rachael!
Aimee Shugarman says
This is such a genius idea. And delicious too 🙂
Thank you, Aimee!